Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

XT Thermal Camera Adapter

Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing this camera, however I noted that it looks like it is only for the Inspire 1, is there an adapter available for the Inspire 2 which I intend to purchase soon (I have an Inspire 1)?

Thanks
Peter

Hi Peter – Welcome to Inspire Pilots. You are correct, the Zenmuse XT is only capable with the Inspire 1. DJI has stated that there are no plans to make XT compatible with Inspire 2.

Let us know if you have any further questions that we can help out with.

Thanks for the info, little disappointing though was hoping that it would be able to be fitted to the Inspire 2 as well.

Pete

Does the m200 have the same camera/drone connection as the i2? If so would the adapter for xt to m200 work for i2?

Does the m200 have the same camera/drone connection as the i2? If so would the adapter for xt to m200 work for i2?

Yes, same connection but not compatible. Either a software block or likely a different image processing system allowing for thermal that the Inspire 2's CineCore does not contain.

DJI has explicitly stated that the XT will not be compatible with the Inspire 2 ever since the I2 was released in November.

Zenmuse XT I2 Compatibility.png

Inspire 2 is now only for film making as the I1 was more of a hybrid movie/industrial drone.
If you want to use the XT it's either the I1 or the Matrice series

There is a company working on a workaround. They called me and had a working sample. They just want to make sure it works with updates. I can hardly wait! Search and rescue as DJI indicates on their web page and I have some creative movie making for the XT. OTHER PROPLE ARE EVEN MOUNTIND IT TO A TRIPOD! if the R and D section of DJI would have just sent out surveys for creative answers...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst