Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

xt thermal

Reaction score
Hi all,
i just picked up my xt radiometric thermal today, ive had a quick play but its raining as you would guess.

So ive loaded the data into the Flir tools program and i can not get any data on the temperature , its basically just a pic.

once you read the manual , it shows other features to select different format types to fix this.
DJI has once again made it more complicated , as with the X5 when you select picture section it shows a list of what you can select.
In the thermal version STILL using the go app it only shows JPEG , you then need to click on it to open more options ...... the same with many of the settings in the XT version of the go app.

cheers

Attachments

• DJI_0001.jpg
    DJI_0001.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hi all,
i just picked up my xt radiometric thermal today, ive had a quick play but its raining as you would guess.

So ive loaded the data into the Flir tools program and i can not get any data on the temperature , its basically just a pic.

once you read the manual , it shows other features to select different format types to fix this.
DJI has once again made it more complicated , as with the X5 when you select picture section it shows a list of what you can select.
In the thermal version STILL using the go app it only shows JPEG , you then need to click on it to open more options ...... the same with many of the settings in the XT version of the go app.

cheers

The range data might be hidden in the metadata of the images (e.g. min/max), and then it would be up to you to use the color value to interpolate the temperature. I was thinking about procuring an XT but this is making me think twice if the tools that are GA don't allow you to get an absolute calibrated temp reading on a particular point-of-interest, without having to go through rigamarole in the DJI GO app...

Hi all,

cheers
Moved to correct section.

Question & Thoughts…. I was considering purchasing the Flir XT R 640 30Hz for my Inspire. I see they are running in the $11,500 range.

The Tau2 camera alone is about $6,900 making the gimbal $5,100 which seems a bit crazy.

Got me thinking about an alternative. What about a Vue Pro R 640 30Hz ($4,700) on a 3DR Solo ($400) with an OEM Cameras Flir/Solo Gimbal ($1,500), including another aerial platform.

That's about 1/2 the cost of the Inspire Flir XT gimbal setup. I really couldn't find an appreciable difference between the Tau2 & Vue Pro R specs to make that a deciding factor.

I suspect many will say you can't compare the Inspire to the SOLO and I agree, however I just need to get the IR camera aloft and really don't see a major advantage in using the Inspire for the inspection work I have planned.

Having another bird is also something to consider on the plus side.

Any thoughts…. Am I missing something…….

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1