Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Yaw/Roll affecting camera

Reaction score
hey everyone, I'm having an issue where the yaw/roll controls for my AC are affecting the camera, see video below. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks Alastair, when did it start for you?

This is a deal breaker for pro video, anybody else have any insights?

Mine does this too (and always has right from the first firmware revision). It's by design so that the camera remains steady while the bird starts moving. When you are flying it's fine. On the ground it looks weird as in your video but in the air when the bird moves you will see that the camera is steady.

Mine does this too (and always has right from the first firmware revision). It's by design so that the camera remains steady while the bird starts moving. When you are flying it's fine. On the ground it looks weird as in your video but in the air when the bird moves you will see that the camera is steady.
Link removed by moderator

The camera bumps every time there's a change of direction and the top of every shot involving a roll left or right has the horizon at 20 degrees. So. No. That's not accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, sorry for trying to help. I butt out now then if you're gonna post snarky videos like that.........

Good luck on this forum. You'll go far.

aw c'mahnn, I mean no harm my friend, Lumberg's just how I was feeling this morning. I appreciate the help, but don't understand why this issue seems to be accepted by the DJI user base when it clearly does nothing for the imagery. apologies that I came off like an xxxxxxxxx.

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean that the horizon tilts when you fly sideways and then returns to normal when the craft slows down then I've been told that's the way it is on all DJI crafts, i have it a bit on my I1 as well.

I had terrible problems with this on my both Mavic Pro's to the point that i returned them, but they were extreme.
I wrote about this problem in different forums and most said its normal to a certain degree on DJI crafts. But some units are worse than others.
The only solution people suggested was to fly more slowly and shoot when flying in certain directions, and of course edit the videos.
But I don't notice this kind of thing on my non DJI crafts, so don't know why it would affect only DJI drones?
I have learnt to accept it since it isn't so bad on my i1 (x3), but on the Mavic's it was to an unacceptable degree.

hey everyone, I'm having an issue where the yaw/roll controls for my AC are affecting the camera, see video below. Has anyone experienced this?

I had the same issue, and by the help of Donnie at the DJI forum we discovered the setting for the camera was fpv if you set it to free or follow the issue is resolved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALWAnna671