Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Yet Another Battery Question

Reaction score
There are many posts about battery failures but none of them seem to reflect the issue I am having, so here goes: I have a battery that has 45 charges on it. All cells are equal an look good. Occasionally, and that is the key here...occasionally, this battery drops from 20% to 5% instantly. Not all the time, but just sometimes. The battery has been calibrated from 100% to shutoff, then recharged to 100% on several occassions. It has not gone through the auto discharge function. So when I fly with this battery, I don't really do anything because I fear it will screw up on me under a normal flight. So the $200 battery is basically useless.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this may be happening? Is it happening to others? I typically I fly with 5 batteries and this is the only one that shows this erratic behavior.

There are many posts about battery failures but none of them seem to reflect the issue I am having, so here goes: I have a battery that has 45 charges on it. All cells are equal an look good. Occasionally, and that is the key here...occasionally, this battery drops from 20% to 5% instantly. Not all the time, but just sometimes. The battery has been calibrated from 100% to shutoff, then recharged to 100% on several occassions. It has not gone through the auto discharge function. So when I fly with this battery, I don't really do anything because I fear it will screw up on me under a normal flight. So the $200 battery is basically useless.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this may be happening? Is it happening to others? I typically I fly with 5 batteries and this is the only one that shows this erratic behavior.
Even with the post-1.3.0 recalibration, a battery can drop quickly (not instantly) when below 20%. I always ensure that I am returning to land by 30% and on the ground by 20%.

Reactions: Blue Bird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin