Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

You Tube Tips

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Here is a clip from a video I shot today, There was some nice light and some calm conditions.

My question is has anyone got some good tips for YouTube upload settings as the clip seems very jerky and at a very low resolution compared with the edit on my pc, or is this just what to expect.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Guys,

Here is a clip from a video I shot today, There was some nice light and some calm conditions.

My question is has anyone got some good tips for YouTube upload settings as the clip seems very jerky and at a very low resolution compared with the edit on my pc, or is this just what to expect.

Thanks for your help.

As far as I know is just Youtube.I'm never satisfied with my video's on Youtube.Wonder if their HD is really HD.

Agreed, I think YouTube is hit and miss. I've seen some solid video from dash cams on YouTube and then there are videos like the one you posted. Have you tried Vimeo? I've seen some quality vids there.

Reactions: J.T.
The video looks just fine to me...especially the 1080p60 setting. In my experience, the jerkiness is typically the result of a slow network connection.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help.

Was this shot/uploaded in 1080?
YouTube will always recompress the hell out of whatever is uploaded to it.
Try 2 Pass variable bit rate max 12mbps.

Was this uploaded as 1080p60? I always found that too not buffer well. I've always uploaded at 24FPS and that really helped.

Thanks for your advice guys. The second edit is better I think. Shot in 4k and 1080p then uploaded as 1080p@24 as suggested.
That's what is so great about this forum, amateurs like myself can learn so much. Thanks.

Very nice video TJ, I'm in the same boat as you with the downloading of vids to YT. I shot my 2nd video in 4K, took all day to download but again my internet is quite slow.

Keep them coming;)

Reactions: dirkclod and J.T.
Thanks Clampit. Not liking all this wind we have atm. The church vid was earlier this week, dead calm and nice autumn light.
Love the weather website. I've had a Vantage pro for years now only going into weather link, not live.

The video looks just fine to me...especially the 1080p60 setting. In my experience, the jerkiness is typically the result of a slow network connection.
It's possible,but my internetconnection is fast,but Youtube is crap when you want good quality.I use it just for showing stuff.Vimeo is better,but there is a limit what you can post,unless you subscribe and pay.That's why people use Youtube.

Thanks Clampit. Not liking all this wind we have atm. The church vid was earlier this week, dead calm and nice autumn light.
Love the weather website. I've had a Vantage pro for years now only going into weather link, not live.

Yep I agree;) the wind has been a nightmare here for the last few days, reminds me of all the storms we had rolling in from the Atlantic a couple of years ago:eek:

Glad you liked me weather website been an amateur meteorologist for years, even like all the weather stuff when I was a snotty little kid running around in the school playground:D

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool