Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Z3 issues with firmware

BCF

Reaction score
This is so frustrating! Before I launch myself or the Inspire 1 or the Z3 can anyone give a definitive procedure to downgrade the Inspire 1 firmware from 1.9 to 1.8 so that I can use the Z3 without that bloody awful lag and break-up? It is a 2 week old Inspire 1 v2 with the X5 absorption bracket.

I have tried the suggestions from The Editor - used the micro Sd card that came with the Inspire, formatted it in the I1, used my neighbours Windows 10 machine to download the 1.8 firmware for the I1 (checking that it was for the I1 and not the Pro, etc.), put it into the camera, turned it on, the I1 initialised then .....silence - no beeps, nada! Did the same with a different card - again - nada!

Any help?

PS I have been told form a dealer techie that DJI are releasing firmware updates for the Inspire 1 in the next 3 days and for the Phantom 4 a few days later but they only notify their engineers of firmware arrival, not the release notes. I only hope that this update has addressed the Z3 problem so many of us are experiencing.

This is so frustrating! Before I launch myself or the Inspire 1 or the Z3 can anyone give a definitive procedure to downgrade the Inspire 1 firmware from 1.9 to 1.8 so that I can use the Z3 without that bloody awful lag and break-up? It is a 2 week old Inspire 1 v2 with the X5 absorption bracket.

I have tried the suggestions from The Editor - used the micro Sd card that came with the Inspire, formatted it in the I1, used my neighbours Windows 10 machine to download the 1.8 firmware for the I1 (checking that it was for the I1 and not the Pro, etc.), put it into the camera, turned it on, the I1 initialised then .....silence - no beeps, nada! Did the same with a different card - again - nada!

Any help?

PS I have been told form a dealer techie that DJI are releasing firmware updates for the Inspire 1 in the next 3 days and for the Phantom 4 a few days later but they only notify their engineers of firmware arrival, not the release notes. I only hope that this update has addressed the Z3 problem so many of us are experiencing.
Don't think you can downgrade the firmware to 1.8 unless you have the X3 camera attached, the Z3 was not out when the 1.8 firmware where released so don't think it is supported in 1.8.

Just to clarify I have the X3 camera attached whilst I await the return of my Z3 and no, it still won't downgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin