Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse x3 Gimbal not initialising

Reaction score
So yesterday I thought it would be good to get my Inpsire 1 out of its box after a flightless winter. Batteries charged I was good to go!

On take off the landing gear didn't raise so I tried to do it manually but no response, I wanted to take some top down shots so it wasn't an issue. After a succesful (Bar the landing gear.) flight I RTH and landed it manually. I was unable to Enter Travel Mode so I carried it back to the car and someone held it for me while I drove back. Since then it won't go into Travel Mode, I attached the gimbal to try updating/downgrading the firmware and nothing happened. The gimbal just won't initialise, the controller is connected to the aircraft but with No Transmission Signal.

I tried re-linking the controller and aircraft and that was successful but the gimbal refuses to initialise. There is very little info out there on this issue and after speaking to "DJI Technical Support" (Lol that was fun!), no solution. I even spoke to a local DJI repair centre and they spouted off a possible £700 repair bill. So before I even consider that I was hoping someone here might be able to offer some suggestions.

I can't beleive I am the only one to experience this problem.

Thanks in advance!

A couple of things to check....are any of the pins bent on the gimbal socket or make sure the ribbon cable underneath the socket is seated properly.
Thanks for replying!
From what I can see everything seems to be in its place, I've checked the pins and even loosened the screws slightly to ensure the pins connect but no different.

I have also just checked the connections inside the gimbal and everything looks ok in there, I even tried rubbing a pencil on the pins to see if that helps. It made no difference so I am assuming that its not the gimbal that is failing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix