Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X5 with Osmo Handle Kit

Reaction score
Website
www.raycrowe.co.uk
Beware if you are considering the purchase of the new Osmo Handle Kit for use with your Zenmuse X5 camera . I was led to believe by information on the DJI website that the new Osmo Handle Kit was compatible with the Zenmuse X5 camera, the same one used on my Inspire Pro. On this discovery, I treated myself to one for Christmas!
Unfortunately, after its late arrival today I found that the Osmo Handle Kit requires the separate purchase of a special X5 adapter. This adapter however, has yet to be released by DJI and they have no idea of a possible date either. I have effectively been sold a dud!

Reactions: MANOEL_BRAZIL
I've been patiently waiting for the adapter plate to be available before I buy an Osmo. On the Osmo Handle Kit page it clearly states that the adapter plate is needed for the X5 and is not available yet. I'm wondering how that is confusing. Did you purchase from a reseller that did not specify this?

I've been patiently waiting for the adapter plate to be available before I buy an Osmo. On the Osmo Handle Kit page it clearly states that the adapter plate is needed for the X5 and is not available yet. I'm wondering how that is confusing. Did you purchase from a reseller that did not specify this?
No Tommy, the re-seller did not specify this. I got my info here about the Osmo being compatible with the X5 (scroll to bottom of page). I did not scroll down far enough to notice that it does state an adapter is necessary for the X5. However, nothing is mentioned about the said adapter not being available for purchase!

No Tommy, the re-seller did not specify this. I got my info here about the Osmo being compatible with the X5 (scroll to bottom of page). I did not scroll down far enough to notice that it does state an adapter is necessary for the X5. However, nothing is mentioned about the said adapter not being available for purchase!

Ive been watching the actual page where you purchase from:
Buy Osmo Handle Kit (Includes Battery, Charger and Phone Holder. Gimbal and Camera not included.) | DJI Store

Sorry you purchased early and have to wait. I'm sure it won't be long before the adapter is available.

Did the latest DJI go app update add more control for the X5?

When I sanded mine down, it works, but the video looked like crap. I put it on my I1 Pro, and the video looks good. The video looks like it is in low res, but in the app it shows that it is set to 1080P 60FPS.

I looked the adapter be released.

tumblr_inline_nfxcq1Bi8o1qgcvsy.jpg

Dji gives a **** about The Adapter and costumer of The osmo and x 5.
Now 4 month waiting for nothing.....sorry Dji shame on you.

I have to believe DJI has had other PRIORITIES and the OSMO isn't high on the list. The X5/X5R adapter should have been an easy development on the hardware side though the software maybe a bigger issue and it's my guess that's the reason for the delay.

Brian

in 4 month to make an adapter!and the firmware works 90 % now.
with the special selfmade adapter you can use the osmo and x5.
sorry but this is a no go for so a big company.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido