Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X7 Crash... fixed.... FLIES FINALLY!!!

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I have recently Crashed inspire 2 drone with zenmuse x7 .( out of warranty)

Tried to capture a big rainbow, was in tripod mode to get smooth track. It went back to normal mode automatically went fast and crashed on a wire.
no external damage to the drone except for two blades broken.
Zenmuce x7 gimbal took the hit,luckily it fell on a little muddy area.Gimbal is not broken slightly bent .

To service the gimbal I'm really struggling guys. looking for a professional Service Center .(DJI authorised or other wise)

Right now Gimbal is in Canada Toronto.I am looking for a service Center which can fix this Zenmuse x7 gimbal.

kindly guide me for a proper service center either in US or in Canada.

thanks for your patience in reading my issue. this forum was really supportive.

Last edited:
Hi I sent my x5 to dji and the fixed it quick. I had a bad axsis Motor. $236 bucks
Hi Derik shean ,
Thankyou for the kind reply. could you please let me know were You sent the Equipment for repair.
Is it DJI store or authorised service center.

Can fellow pilots let me know which is best place to service in the US or canada

Thankyou

I believe it’s on their website DJI. They repair their own gear. I tried a few repair shops and they told me just go through DJI. I contacted them and set up an appointment and they emailed me a shipping label. They went through my camera and gave me the cost to repair it. I got it a few days later.

Dji repair services department it’s very easy. Sucks to have to do it but they’ll do it right. I believe they’ve just sent me a repaired camera instead of my old one. Probably why there’s a quick turnaround.

Hey Derik, was your repair done recently? Sounds like just over a week from starting the support case to getting it back? Wondering what a typical turn-around is currently. I have an X5S with bent gimbal arm en-route as we speak.

Thanks

It was early spring. I shipped the camera to them and as soon as they got it they emailed me. Then I got email saying it was on the work bench, they’ll email me as soon as the guy diagnosed the problem. Maybe a day later I got an email saying what the issue was and how much it was going to cost to repair it. I clicked repair it and I checked out with a credit card and boom a few days later it was on my doorstep. It seems about a week. I think with the dji care might be even quicker. I asked a few repair shops if the repair the zemmuse cameras they were like um just send to dji.

Reactions: sdunwell and four
Crashed awhile back with my X5s. Broke the gimbal in half. Went to local DJI in Denver. They said that they did not have the equipment to calibrate after the repairs. Sent it back to DJI. Whole process took about 3 weeks. $300 Works like new.

Reactions: four
hi friends thank you all for the guidance but, even after a month I'am unable to repair this x7 gimbal in the US .
kindly help me in getting this done .
every service center is saying they are quite unsure about x7 gimbal servicing.

kindly help if any of you knew any service center who can successfully fix this gimbal.

looking forward.

Just send it to DJI, They are the only ones who can repair it. The repair centers cannot calibrate the camera after parts are replaced. Only DJI can calibrate, Go to DJI website and open a repair ticket. They will give you a shipping label to send it in.

THANK YOU all folks for helping me out . Really appreciate everyone who guided me.

Finally it has reached DJI service in California for replacement. It costs around 350$ for the repair which is great compared to buying a new one.

I have a question and your suggestion folks.

when the inspire 2 took the hit, I saw the gimbal was damaged so I have only sent he gimbal for repair. Except for three broken propellers i haven't seen any damage on the drone. Even I have tried two test flights with the drone with out gimbal attached and it was flying without issues.

my question is :

1. Do I still need to send the drone for repair (it is flying without any issues)
  2. Only when I receive the gimbal I will know if the gimbal works without any issues.
  3. I wanna know any one who has inspire 2 who can send me the image of the part which connects the gimbal to asses the damage of the drone.
any suggestions and help would be great.

looking forward.

thank you all wonderful folks out here for everything.

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 12.13.38 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-11-01 at 12.13.38 PM.png

Thanks Derik for the kind support and advice.

I need one help on how to mount the rubber grip for the gimbal.

Can you guide?

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips