Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X7 product lifecycle, good or bad time to buy?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts / advice on this? Long story short, I know I would like to upgrade from my X5s, but I certainly don't HAVE to. Curious if anyone follows product lifecycle stuff? Have there been any rumors about a replacement to this anytime in the near future? It's a ton of money to spend, only for a new camera to come out to put it to shame :) I'm also curious to see where DJI is headed long term with the pricey lens mount system on the X7.

Anyways, thought I'd ask. First time posting here...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts / advice on this? Long story short, I know I would like to upgrade from my X5s, but I certainly don't HAVE to. Curious if anyone follows product lifecycle stuff? Have there been any rumors about a replacement to this anytime in the near future? It's a ton of money to spend, only for a new camera to come out to put it to shame :) I'm also curious to see where DJI is headed long term with the pricey lens mount system on the X7.

Anyways, thought I'd ask. First time posting here...
Not 100 percent sure if they will come out with something new and better than it in the near future. I doubt they will for awhile because they will need a larger airframe to haul it around first. My guess is you will see an inspire 3 before you see a new larger camera and lens set up, and that new camera and lens set up will probably only work on the newer than i2 drones. If you have ever noticed they do not make a lot of things compatible for a reason. Really tho, nobody knows for sure except the engineers and beta testers and they are not allowed to tell anybody,anything.

Not 100 percent sure if they will come out with something new and better than it in the near future. I doubt they will for awhile because they will need a larger airframe to haul it around first. My guess is you will see an inspire 3 before you see a new larger camera and lens set up, and that new camera and lens set up will probably only work on the newer than i2 drones. If you have ever noticed they do not make a lot of things compatible for a reason. Really tho, nobody knows for sure except the engineers and beta testers and they are not allowed to tell anybody,anything.
Good point! Gotta keep selling us new expensive gear :)

3 of the 4 current X7 lenses are ff. And their objective lens is quite a bit bigger than the one that is not ff. So I think a new ff camera with the X7 form factor will be released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo