Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

2s interval setting for timelapse JPG photos missing in DJI Go app?

Reaction score
Hello,

I've done some initial testing to familiarize with timelapse creation using my Inspire 1 and X3.

Beforehand, I've been searching and reading a lot of threads on timelapse-related info. This is where I learnt that RAW and JPEG photos can cope with different minimal timings for the intervalometer (5s and 2s respectively) and tons of other useful info. So far so good.

However, when I tried earlier today to set the interval in between jpg photos in the DJI Go app, I could only go down to 5s, whereas the minimal for RAW showed up as 10s.

Why do not I see the option to set 2s intervals for jpg pics in the DJI Go app?

I'm using a 633x Lexar microSD, which is plenty fast for my 4k video recordings . I1 and RC are up to latest SW versions.

I raised this issue with DJI today ... I've been told to expect an email on the topic within 48hrs but I've been here before with DJI and even if i get the email it will no doubt be another useless off-topic reply.
Did you get anywhere with this 'tonidavid5' ?

Hello,

I've done some initial testing to familiarize with timelapse creation using my Inspire 1 and X3.

Beforehand, I've been searching and reading a lot of threads on timelapse-related info. This is where I learnt that RAW and JPEG photos can cope with different minimal timings for the intervalometer (5s and 2s respectively) and tons of other useful info. So far so good.

However, when I tried earlier today to set the interval in between jpg photos in the DJI Go app, I could only go down to 5s, whereas the minimal for RAW showed up as 10s.

Why do not I see the option to set 2s intervals for jpg pics in the DJI Go app?

I'm using a 633x Lexar microSD, which is plenty fast for my 4k video recordings . I1 and RC are up to latest SW versions.
If memory serves me correctly, It's not your microSD card, it's the X3 isn't fast enough to readout from the sensor and dump to the card within a repeated 2 second timeframe.

Reactions: tonidavid5
The problem i am seeing is nothing to do with the camera's ability to write to the SD card. (I'm using an X5 not an X3.)
If i sit and manually take a photo every second then I end up with 55 photos a minute (probably because I'm not keying as accurately as I should)
If i set UgCS to take a photo every 2 seconds if just doesnt... it takes them at 5 second intervals instead.
I have tried allsorts... I've tried to reduce the processing at the camera end as much as i can by turning ALL the automatic stuff off that i can get to which does help to reduce the possible cycle time when using the RC to send individual click requests but doesnt seem to make any difference to API based calls.
This is driving me nuts. UgCS are already looking into it but they claim that they cannot reproduce the problem so I can't imagine that they are very motivated to investigate this problem.

The problem i am seeing is nothing to do with the camera's ability to write to the SD card. (I'm using an X5 not an X3.)
If i sit and manually take a photo every second then I end up with 55 photos a minute (probably because I'm not keying as accurately as I should)
If i set UgCS to take a photo every 2 seconds if just doesnt... it takes them at 5 second intervals instead.
I have tried allsorts... I've tried to reduce the processing at the camera end as much as i can by turning ALL the automatic stuff off that i can get to which does help to reduce the possible cycle time when using the RC to send individual click requests but doesnt seem to make any difference to API based calls.
This is driving me nuts. UgCS are already looking into it but they claim that they cannot reproduce the problem so I can't imagine that they are very motivated to investigate this problem.
We are very motivated to resolve this problem...

Reactions: NickOfLeeds

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool