Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

360 cameras

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at getting a 360 degree camera. In the interests of clarity I'm not taking about cameras that rotate all the way round, rather those that give a full or almost full "orbed" view. Something like the Samsung Gear 360 or similar.

What are you guys using? What kind of quality are you getting? I'm not concerned with how to mount it, just which one I should buy.

Thanks everyone!

Anyone working on using a 360 keymission with an Inspire? Any suggestions for a gimbal to be used for a 360 video?

Yup. I am building one of my inspires to haul a 6 go pro session "ball" slung under the bird on a carbon fiber pole about 3 ft. Hand launched and caught. I am going to get a nikon 360 after the new year. I doubt it will be better but it may have its place.The editing and stiching is the big issue with 360.

Expect that the software part will be improved on the go so smaller cams for VR will improve quickly. Could not find that much about gimbals for VR and the few i found are incredibly expensive... Would a "retractable pole" (like the car antennas many years ago) feasible to avoid hand catching? Are you using a gimbal for your pole or just a damping mechanism?

Most of the 360 cams have "artifacting" at the edges that looks bad if your viewer moves to 3oclock or 6. You end up seeing a rough stiching at the sides. A multiple cam rig cuts this down and looks far more advanced. The other issue is more storage data. I want to try the Nikon soon and it will be far easier to work with in post.

Please post some pictures.
Yup. I am building one of my inspires to haul a 6 go pro session "ball" slung under the bird on a carbon fiber pole about 3 ft. Hand launched and caught.

Does the Inspire lift 6 GoPros easily and maneuver it with no problem? And what about 6 GoPro Heros with Omni mount? Would it be to heavy for Inspire?

24f8d9d92adfb03a1c0a721a49a55f06.jpg

Panono 360 Camera 16k

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu