Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

3D Mapping

Nice work, and informative video, i've been using Map pilot and Metashape for processing , I only used the crosshatch now i'll do three orbits at different levels as you did and hope to get the same results, Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
If you need any additional information, let me know.
If you use Map Pilot, it doesn't make Orbits. But you can use DJI GO4. As long as you keep the same parameters

I use MapsMadeEasy and Mappilot numerous times and like it very much.
But if you can tell me how to make an orbit, I'm ready to learn

I've taken shots for dozens of maps over the past 2 years and have never delivered or had requested POI shots. This includes for hills, valleys, buildings, quarries and on and on. I usually do double grid with the occasional amended single grid run with the camera @ a 15° angle (rarely) for quarries. I think you're pigeon holing yourself by insisting on POI raw shots. Then again, I use GCP's for architecturally accurate orthophotos and maps. That said...

I like MapPilot because it has a "terrain aware" option. However, I have been known to use GS Pro for flat terrain. Use single or double grid for orthophotos.

D

I've taken shots for dozens of maps over the past 2 years and have never delivered or had requested POI shots. This includes for hills, valleys, buildings, quarries and on and on. I usually do double grid with the occasional amended single grid run with the camera @ a 15° angle (rarely) for quarries. I think you're pigeon holing yourself by insisting on POI raw shots. Then again, I use GCP's for architecturally accurate orthophotos and maps. That said...

I like MapPilot because it has a "terrain aware" option. However, I have been known to use GS Pro for flat terrain. Use single or double grid for orthophotos.

D
I know what you mean. But my video is very clear about making a 3D model. And for that, Mappilot is not ideal.
But got Orthophotography, it is very good and I like to use it.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo