Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Active Track / Spotlight

Hi thanks for the video..OA is nice and may be helpful, but certainly has in its current form many limitations., specially if you plan to use this following fast subjects. Does anybody know if it works in conjunction with autopilot follow mode ?
Have a look at the below video I shot with an inspire 1 a few months back.. it would be lovely to fly lower and use OA to avoid trees, but I don't think you could make it work at these speeds..or not?

OA work on speed up to 12-14 m/sec (same as active track). Your speed in this video was much higher. It (will) work in all autopilot modes, but not as good /reliable/ as in Go app.
Good about spotlight is that you can track any object, not only your own RC. Although you will not be able make shot like yours with it.

Last edited:
OA work on speed up to 12-14 m/sec (same as active track). Your speed in this video was much higher. It (will) work in all autopilot modes, but not as good /reliable/ as in Go app.
Good about spotlight is that you can track any object, not only your own RC. Although you will not be able make shot like yours with it.

Thanks for the advise. Will try it out once I get my inspire 2..

Most users who will be using this platform professionally will just turn all the object avoidance rubbish off - it just gets in the way of a shot and has been proved many times, just not reliable (not to count on saving your aircraft anyway).
Although the technology and theory is great, DJI still have some way to go before it can be called a trustworthy and failsafe system.
At the moment, it kicks in far too early when trying to do slow cinematic shots' and can be fooled easily by just the sun in the sky and nothing else around it!
Anyone using these on set will just disable everything because they will be swearing at it more times than they actually use it.

Very good points... and what really sucks is, where it would be most useful is on RTH... If you have OA turned off, RTH doesn't take advantage of it. I would love to enable the feature for uncommanded RTH only. Not sure why they didn't think to give us that option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth