Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any benefits to updating?

Reaction score
Website
www.pageforestry.co.uk
Hi,

It's been almost two years since I updated my inspire 1 pro.

Is there any advantages to doing so? Am I missing out on some improved functionality if I don't?

The firmware I have at present is:

App 3.1.27
Aircraft 1.8.1
RC 1.6
Camera 1.8.01.00
Fly safe 01.00.01.06

The machine flies well, never had a problem (apart from the recent IOS issue that is) so I'm happy to remain as I am unless there is an imperative to upgrade.

Cheers

Mark

Silvaeroscape on IG

I've been thinking about this too. Mine flies well and I've been wondering if there are any advantages to update to the latest firmware release

This is my current versions

App 3.1.10
Aircraft 1.9.1.30
RC 1.6.0
Camera 1.9.1.10

Nigel

You should check the version history and update log (on DJI's website) and decide for yourself.
Updates will usually fix known issues (like random power downs of the remote controller and updated weighting algorithms on compass data) as well as introducing new features.
There have also been battery firmware updates within certain releases which improve (or not) battery discharge curves as well as fixing important things like the self destruction of batteries in hibernation mode.

If your still under warranty its best to do updates. If you return a drone to DJI and its don't have the latest fixes you can have major issues convincing them to fix it for free.

Taking my drone 107 test, it read if you have a problem with your drone and you are not up to date this makes the FAA unhappy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu