Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Attracting Clients

I found residential real estate to be a real bust. They're fussy as heck, don't know what they want, and will complain about a $100 invoice.

I did okay in commercial real estate. Those invoices were $1,000-$2,000 for a full video. It was a good way to start out. I got out of real estate roughly 2 years after I started my company.

To attract clients I built a website and had my girlfriend optimize it for search engines (SEO). Clients called me. I didn't have to seek them out. Back then, drones and aerial photography was fairly new. That was 8 or 9 years ago.

D

Last edited:
I found residential real estate to be a real bust. They're fussy as heck, don't know what they want, and will complain about a $100 invoice.

I did okay in commercial real estate. Those invoices were $1,000-$2,000 for a full video. It was a good way to start out.

To attract clients I built a website and had my girlfriend optimize it for search engines (SEO). They called me. That was 8 or 9 years ago.

D
Thanks for your reply. For the commercial real estate videos, first do you ever send cold emails, or just through a website? Also do you know if I need any permits or licenses, besides part 107 which I have?

Thanks for your reply. For the commercial real estate videos, first do you ever send cold emails, or just through a website?
Clients contacted me through my website.

Also do you know if I need any permits or licenses, besides part 107 which I have?
Back then there was no 107. I had the 333. Your 107 is all you need...plus follow airspace protocols, communication protocols, etc. The 107 teaches you all of that.

Here's an example video. I think I billed $1500 for this, which included 6 hours of travel, shooting, editing, etc. It was a LOT of work for 1500 bucks, but I was just starting out and the whole drone thing was new. I used a Phantom 1 with a Hero3 on a cheap, Chinese 3-axis gimbal. I can't remember the brand. I think it began with a T. Like "Tierra" or something like that.

D

Reactions: Surge
Clients contacted me through my website.

Back then there was no 107. I had the 333. Your 107 is all you need...plus follow airspace protocols, communication protocols, etc. The 107 teaches you all of that.

Here's an example video. I think I billed $1500 for this, which included 6 hours of travel, shooting, editing, etc. It was a LOT of work for 1500 bucks, but I was just starting out and the whole drone thing was new. I used a Phantom 1 with a Hero3 on a cheap, Chinese 3-axis gimbal. I can't remember the brand. I think it began with a T. Like "Tierra" or something like that.

D
Very nice video. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Donnie Frank
My experience in Real Estate aligns with Donnie. Residential work - "show my house" - has low prices and plenty of competition. Commercial is better. Video is so important. Architectural work often combines on-the-ground and aerial POV, so the drone is a supplement to a larger project.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu