Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

barometer

Reaction score
Hi all
I would appreciate it if the editor would jump onboard with these questions if he doesn't mind

What kind of barometer does the inspire have and how does it work

Thank you,
Paul

Hi all
I would appreciate it if the editor would jump onboard with these questions if he doesn't mind

What kind of barometer does the inspire have and how does it work

Thank you,
Paul
Hi,

The Inspire (like most multirotors) uses a small solid state barometric sensor that measures difference in pressure to a resolution of around 10cm. It does not measure altitude as it is not calibrated but simply zeros at switch on/boot up and then measures increase or decrease in pressure to give negative or positive height from take off.
It is integral to the flight controller and is not a separate discrete component.

Hope that helps.

Hi mate.
Yes that helps, thank you.
I will google how a barometric sensor actually works.
Have you started writing your book on the inspire yet? I think there is about 120,000 out there. I'm quite sure it would be a best seller in uav would.

Thanks again

Reactions: The Editor
Hi mate.
Yes that helps, thank you.
I will google how a barometric sensor actually works.
Have you started writing your book on the inspire yet? I think there is about 120,000 out there. I'm quite sure it would be a best seller in uav would.

Thanks again
Haha - I wish I had the time! I am trying to get the
UK 'Flight Acadamy' up and running before year end as well. All this before Christmas. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool