Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Cell Voltages

Reaction score
I just bought a TB48. 54 cycles. Ran it thru the Phantom Angel discharger. Recharged it. The voltages are 4.32 across five cells. One is 4.24. I cycled it down to 65% and 4.32 x5 and 4.23 on the one.

Having read of a few Inspires dropping from the sky possibly due to battery issues, any thoughts as to how serious this issue is? I would expect this unit to be unsafe to use.

(Late Afternoon)
Per DJI Online Chat to Support

"kindly no worries, your batteries are working normally now and any abnormality will appear warning on the image transmission"

Last edited:
I just bought a TB48. 54 cycles. Ran it thru the Phantom Angel discharger. Recharged it. The voltages are 4.32 across five cells. One is 4.24. I cycled it down to 65% and 4.32 x5 and 4.23 on the one.

Having read of a few Inspires dropping from the sky possibly due to battery issues, any thoughts as to how serious this issue is? I would expect this unit to be unsafe to use.

(Late Afternoon)
Per DJI Online Chat to Support

"kindly no worries, your batteries are working normally now and any abnormality will appear warning on the image transmission"
Did you get a definitive answer? I have one battery with one warning of a low cell

I was using an I-2 when a group of batteries began failing. I would take off near 100% in both batteries, and then after a couple of minutes, one battery would show 0%. Fortunately, the second battery brought it home each time. I did not test the batteries or track them with Airdata as this was several years ago, but I do so now. If you don’t use Airdata, I highly recommend it particularly with the issue you are trying to analyze.

As I'm used to standard lipo batteries that are a breeze to read with a checker, I've always found the Inspire batteries a real PITA to get data which I track religiously to keep an eye on battery health. So I always do a capture of the battery screen when I install and switch out batteries. I often see a 0% in the captures when I get back to the shop and without fail, will check the batteries on our charging station and the offending battery is always within a few hundredths of a volt of it's partner. I'm certain it's a software glitch. As to 1 cell being lower, I'd watch that more seriously. As a rule of thumb, I would certainly dump a battery that has 0.1V or more variation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah