Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best micro sd card?

Reaction score
Website
www.intheairphotography.com
Searched the site for advice...most was old. What are people recommending as the best Micro SD card for the I2? I have a Samsung card that's a year old or so - it still writes ok in the drone, but it doesn't get tight enough in the adapter to the computer resulting in unreliable transfer. Tried a couple different adapters but it doesn't work well anymore in any of them.

I use the Scan Disk Extreme Plus, now they do make faster cards, but this works for me. I carry three or four SD cards with me at all times, mainly because I put my photos on one, and videos on another.
At the first sign of any problems with the card I throw it away. Nothing like shooting photos or videos all day then lose them because of a flaky card.

I"m shooting 1300 to 1500 photos, and two to three videos each week, it is way too much data to chance losing.

Reactions: roblevine
Use the SanDisk Extreme.
More than exceeds any camera specs...
It's a V30, U3, A2 rated card.
Nice thing is it's available for a great price compared to Plus & Pro and basically no loss in performance.

The Extreme, Extreme Plus, and Extreme Pro have exactly the same substained "Write Speed" of 30MB/s referred to as Min Write Speed... this is actually the "Video Speed" Write.
The Listed Max Speed: Extreme 40mb/s, Extreme Plus 60 mb/s, Pro 90 mb/s is "Photo Speed" Write.

Which is a little misleading since every still photo camera can easily use 40 mb/s and if several burst it's cache will handle several frames.

For Drone usage capturing still shots for terrain maps, the V30 / A2 rating is the fastest recognized for aerial speed settings fo mapping stills and all 3 cards: Extreme, Extreme Plus & Extreme Pro share this rating. Memory Card Battle: Sandisk Extreme Pro vs Extreme Plus vs Extreme vs Ultra

The main difference is price.
The Extreme can be found at great discounted prices.
Amazon has the 64MB Extreme listed at a super price of $14.40 each, the 128mb @ $24 with a max of 4 per order. The 64MB easily meets 1-3 flight missions, and I prefer to swap cards between missions. I personally purchased 3 sets (12 cards)... 3 orders of 4 each @ $63 total each set.

For external backup & capture: I use the Lacie CoPilot BOSS 2TB unit... throw in the card, 1 click and copy the card unattended. Later via iPad, Android or Computer access the files directly on the CoPilot.
For additional security, 2 CoPilots can be in a "Clone mode" where salve unit maintains a clone of master with a click to sync.

NOTE: if you grab a CoPilot... out of the box FW does not support iPad Pro USB-C. Requires a FW update using a iPad Lighting plug or Android. After update, works great with USB-C or even the Hyper Block.

CoPilot - Discounted to $299

Hyper USB-C Block

Use the SanDisk Extreme.
More than exceeds any camera specs...
It's a V30, U3, A2 rated card.
Nice thing is it's available for a great price compared to Plus & Pro and basically no loss in performance.

The Extreme, Extreme Plus, and Extreme Pro have exactly the same substained "Write Speed" of 30MB/s referred to as Min Write Speed... this is actually the "Video Speed" Write.
The Listed Max Speed: Extreme 40mb/s, Extreme Plus 60 mb/s, Pro 90 mb/s is "Photo Speed" Write.

Which is a little misleading since every still photo camera can easily use 40 mb/s and if several burst it's cache will handle several frames.

For Drone usage capturing still shots for terrain maps, the V30 / A2 rating is the fastest recognized for aerial speed settings fo mapping stills and all 3 cards: Extreme, Extreme Plus & Extreme Pro share this rating. Memory Card Battle: Sandisk Extreme Pro vs Extreme Plus vs Extreme vs Ultra

The main difference is price.
The Extreme can be found at great discounted prices.
Amazon has the 64MB Extreme listed at a super price of $14.40 each, the 128mb @ $24 with a max of 4 per order. The 64MB easily meets 1-3 flight missions, and I prefer to swap cards between missions. I personally purchased 3 sets (12 cards)... 3 orders of 4 each @ $63 total each set.

For external backup & capture: I use the Lacie CoPilot BOSS 2TB unit... throw in the card, 1 click and copy the card unattended. Later via iPad, Android or Computer access the files directly on the CoPilot.
For additional security, 2 CoPilots can be in a "Clone mode" where salve unit maintains a clone of master with a click to sync.

NOTE: if you grab a CoPilot... out of the box FW does not support iPad Pro USB-C. Requires a FW update using a iPad Lighting plug or Android. After update, works great with USB-C or even the Hyper Block.

CoPilot - Discounted to $299

Hyper USB-C Block
Thanks for the great info! I'd never seen the LaCie device before - very cool. I ended up getting a couple of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RL3VRWF?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

Thanks for the great info! I'd never seen the LaCie device before - very cool. I ended up getting a couple of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RL3VRWF?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image
Outstanding, thst’s a great find and it’s V30, U3, C10.
Great price for a nice card.

The CoPilots are sweet... beyond a 2TB drive, the logic & ports to backup & copy without any device connected is nice.

I’ve popped one open... and it’d be extremely easy to swap the HD with a 2TB SSD... eventually. But actually I’ve been surprised how quickly the complete the copy & verify.

Happy flying...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk