Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK CAP 1361 UAV Operators List

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
Has anyone else noted that the CAA has not updated CAP 1361 List of UAV Operators since 19 Aug 16 (Ver 18). This means that many renewed and new PfCO users are not centrally listed including myself. Is this an oversight or has the information been moved?

Reactions: Scotflieger
I changed the name of my company 3 months ago and notified the CAA. The new name is still not listed but the old one is. I have asked the CAA via e-mail to confirm acceptance of my request but get a standard reply with no specific response to my request. Does anyone know of a more positive way or contact of obtaining an answer for the CAA?

I changed the name of my company 3 months ago and notified the CAA. The new name is still not listed but the old one is. I have asked the CAA via e-mail to confirm acceptance of my request but get a standard reply with no specific response to my request. Does anyone know of a more positive way or contact of obtaining an answer for the CAA?
The CAA SAU office seem unable or unwilling to respond to any inputs or queries from PfCO applicants or holders. When my PfCO disappeared from the list in August (due to my tardy re-application) I did receive a response to my email query saying that my application was shortly due to be processed (after 30 working days!). I can only assume they are under-resourced and snowed under.

The CAA SAU office seem unable or unwilling to respond to any inputs or queries from PfCO applicants or holders. When my PfCO disappeared from the list in August (due to my tardy re-application) I did receive a response to my email query saying that my application was shortly due to be processed (after 30 working days!). I can only assume they are under-resourced and snowed under.
What astounds me about that department is it's basically a dedicated area for UAV operations and by its own listing has 2173 'customers' (PfCO holders).
If we said that maybe 15% of those individuals had queries, questions or needed advice then that would be 325 phone calls a year or 27 a month or less than 1 phone call a day!
It seems they are totally unable (or more like unwilling) to deal with that colossal volume of calls.
Typical Government entity. :rolleyes:
The level of service that has come out of that area has been woefully inadequate for a number of years.

Reactions: tweaker
What astounds me about that department is it's basically a dedicated area for UAV operations and by its own listing has 2173 'customers' (PfCO holders).
If we said that maybe 15% of those individuals had queries, questions or needed advice then that would be 325 phone calls a year or 27 a month or less than 1 phone call a day!
It seems they are totally unable (or more like unwilling) to deal with that colossal volume of calls.
Typical Government entity. :rolleyes:
The level of service that has come out of that area has been woefully inadequate for a number of years.

Not my experience at all. I left it a bit late to renew my PFAW and was running up against a job deadline. I contacted them by phone and my renewal was sorted out within a few hours. Just can't fault them.

I wonder why the CAA cannot update their list more frequently! Potential clients look at this list and if the info is incorrect then they look to someone else - really poor commercial support from the CAA and not good enough!

I wonder why the CAA cannot update their list more frequently! Potential clients look at this list and if the info is incorrect then they look to someone else - really poor commercial support from the CAA and not good enough!

What's not good enough? The CAA is not obliged to provide commercial support for your business. It's not in their remit.

Or am I misunderstanding your point?

What's not good enough? The CAA is not obliged to provide commercial support for your business. It's not in their remit.

Possibly - I Could have explained it a little better. Not publishing the List more regularly, last one in August, means that a potential client does not see your company on the CAA list and so does not bother to contact you for a potential job. I should have used "pro-active" instead of commercial.

Possibly - I Could have explained it a little better. Not publishing the List more regularly, last one in August, means that a potential client does not see your company on the CAA list and so does not bother to contact you for a potential job. I should have used "pro-active" instead of commercial.
Last one is September, not August - see my link in post #2 above.

Surely it must be in their remit to keep their records up to date and publish accurate data?

Had an epic first time dealing with the CAA (Cake And Arse) party if ever there was one!

Andrew Haines (head of CAA) salary £260 000 of public (your) money.

I would say it in their "remit"

Light years ahead of the world in drone regs,parameters but keeping accurate records or taking action against non PFAW holders doing commercial jobs-pull the other one!

Your thought say differ but the dept really needs "improved" buff said.

Surely it must be in their remit to keep their records up to date and publish accurate data?

Had an epic first time dealing with the CAA (Cake And Arse) party if ever there was one!

Andrew Haines (head of CAA) salary £260 000 of public (your) money.

I would say it in their "remit"

Light years ahead of the world in drone regs,parameters but keeping accurate records or taking action against non PFAW holders doing commercial jobs-pull the other one!

Your thought say differ but the dept really needs "improved" buff said.

The Purpose of the permissions list is not to help customers find you, which is what one poster was suggesting.

Could they do better in respect of service? Absolutely, what large service provider couldn't?

And, as for all that public money you're worried about, you may be surprised to hear they don't get any. It is totally funded by the charges it makes and not the tax payer.

Last edited:
I thought it was part of Dept Of Transport not sure where you are getting it gets NO Gov money. Stand to be corrected though:)

I took it to meant that because the OP had changed names no one could see he was legal. Ie If my name changes and I inform the DVLA and they do not update records how does anyone with a legitimate concern ascertain if it is legal for me to drive a car? Same principle.

And yes I am worried about public (my money)

Thanks again

It is part of the dept of transport but it is set up as a public corporation and required to meet all its funding via the charges it levies. It receives no govt funding whatsoever.

The reply I made was not to the OP but to someone else who was concerned they would lose business if the list was not updated every month. If there is a slight delay from when you initially get your permissions to when your name appears it's no great shakes and my point was the list is not meant as a marketing tool.

I've been in the aviation business most of my career and whilst the caa are by no means perfect they generally do a good job considering the huge area of responsibility they have - pilots private and commercial, airlines both here and international, engineering, ATC, airfields and more.

However, when they get something wrong it's bloody frustrating and I've been on the receiving end too :)

Interesting thank you for the insight.
Love it on here as people have the gen and pass it on in an adult way and helps educate others
CAA is in my view very forward thinking when it comes to UAV/drones flight parameters etc.
However like all big orgs it over admins itself underresources itself and generally fails to deliver on critical aspects.
Timely comms and accurate records are an essential for any professional body.
I hope the CAA improve and do not spoil what could be THE example of best practice for ROTW tegarding UAV/drones.
Lets see.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry