Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence + CrystalSky Ultra compatibility

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am looking to upgrade to the Cendence + CrystalSky Ultra (when they ever become available). My questions pertain to this combination's compatibility with other apps.
My understanding is that the CSU is an android device that runs the DJI Go4 app. Can other apps be installed and run or is it a closed platform?
DJI GSPro?
DroneDeploy?
Litchi?
Autopilot?

My goal for the cendence is for more rapid access to photo and video functions.
My goal for the CSU is replaceable battery, brighter screen, and avoidance of an overheated iPad. But I like having the other apps mentioned above available.

Can you guys address the pros and cons of this setup?

It is a closed platform running only Go, Go 4 and the beta version of the new Pilot app.

If you require any other app then for now assume that is not possible and do not make any purchase based on the assumption that this might change...

Thanks Mark. So, if I want the tactile and rapid access to photo/video functions, I could use the Condense with an iPad, correct?

You can use the Cendence with an iOS or Android device instead of a CrystalSky, just be aware that it only ships with a mount for the CrystalSky, so you will need the optional tablet holder or one of the 3D printed adapters out there...

I’m not sure if 3rd party apps will properly support Cendence right now though so you should ask the publisher of the app about that ...

Anyone knows the availability date that Cendnece will be distribut to the market? The common word that I heard is soon... but I want to know when...

Reactions: Advexure
Anyone knows the availability date that Cendnece will be distribut to the market? The common word that I heard is soon... but I want to know when...

They are now shipping and arriving into our facility in small numbers. Had the first look and brief use with a production version of the standalone Cendence (non M210/M210 RTK version) today along with the Patch Antenna. Will have some additional flight time tomorrow and Wednesday and will report with findings.

For the latest updates on availability please monitor status here (Cendence Remote Controller), shoot us a PM/email, live chat or give us a call. Our team here is happy to help answer any questions on the Cendence, we've been using the M210 version with I2 for the last couple months and are looking forward to enhanced transmission reliability with the regular version with the Patch Antenna.

Some images of one of our first production units:

cendence1-jpg.16530
cendence2-jpg.16531
cendence3-jpg.16532
cendence4-jpg.16533
cendence5-jpg.16534
cendence6-jpg.16535
cendence7-jpg.16536
cendence8-jpg.16537

Last edited:
Reactions: Raphael Dahan
...just unpacked Inspire2 with the Cendence/PatchAnt + CrystalSky Ultra today... quite a few firmware updates among the outfit, w/ the X5S gimbal being the most problematic with interference issues...

but finally, i will say on my first flight, control with display was amazing...

If you’ve received your outfit (since this post), interested to learn if you’ve experienced similar interference issues

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido