Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Couple of questions

Reaction score
Hi all

So my business partner and I have been waiting for the I2 release before we splashed out and bought a drone for our new filmmaking business.

The one thing that really concerns us is the lack of redundancy in the rotors which a hex would nullify. We are wanting an all-round filming platform so I would very much like some opinions from commercial pilots on whether this upgrade is good enough or is a hex preferred in the eyes of the CAA.

Another thing I would like Opinions on is whether the extra charge for the higher film resolution is worth it or is it an unnecessary expense? Is 4K adequate for a start-up business? If we don't use the higher resolutions do we still need the SD drives?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all

So my business partner and I have been waiting for the I2 release before we splashed out and bought a drone for our new filmmaking business.

The one thing that really concerns us is the lack of redundancy in the rotors which a hex would nullify. We are wanting an all-round filming platform so I would very much like some opinions from commercial pilots on whether this upgrade is good enough or is a hex preferred in the eyes of the CAA.

Another thing I would like Opinions on is whether the extra charge for the higher film resolution is worth it or is it an unnecessary expense? Is 4K adequate for a start-up business? If we don't use the higher resolutions do we still need the SD drives?

Thanks
Hey man,
With regards to redundancy of motors... yes, a hex is, in theory, safer. However the way i see it is... Inspires are in incredibly reliable platform in terms of staying up in the air (i'm saying this coming from a DJI drone technician and commercial drone operator). They don't just have motors or ESCs fail midflight. And seemingly the CAA recognise this.
There is also the arguement of, the more motors and ESCs you add, the more there is to go wrong.
I've had quads in my ops manual for the last 2 years and had no issues with CAA concerns over safety.

And in answer to your questions about resolution.... that's one of those things only you/your clients can answer.... Is 5.2K RAW a requirement from your clients and if so, is it worth it.
On the whole, i'd say for a start-up business, no, the X5S is overkill, but i guess there's no harm in havign it if you can afford it (apart from reduced flight time vs the X4)

I've been in Video for 30 years, both broadcast and corporate videos, I have yet to encounter a client who has requested 4k. What 4k MAY help you with is the ability to enlarge some images ('blown up') for editorial concerns. Its over kill as of now. Social media does not broadcast/post in anything near to 4k!

Reactions: Steve Reid
We are also a start up business and have gone with the I2. I understand your concerns about quad vs hex, it's one I've thought about too. The Problem I found is that there is nothing on the market that offers the same quality that the Inspire series does that is also in the sub 7kg category.

Regarding the CAA, I'll let you know when we submit our first safety case!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar