Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Critical Low Battery Settings

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I have set my battery warning levels as follows:

- Low level warning @ 35%
- Critical level warning @ 25%

These numbers were given to me by the aviation authority im currently liaising with for commercial permits to fly.

I have tried to test out the auto land function of the i2 when it reaches 25% but it seems it does not land. I must point out that when trying this out earlier, the i2 was probably no less than 10m away from it's recorded home point, and no payload was attached.

What do you think the issue would be? I would still assume that the i2 would commence landing?

Any response appreciated.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I have set my battery warning levels as follows:

- Low level warning @ 35%
- Critical level warning @ 25%

These numbers were given to me by the aviation authority im currently liaising with for commercial permits to fly.

I have tried to test out the auto land function of the i2 when it reaches 25% but it seems it does not land. I must point out that when trying this out earlier, the i2 was probably no less than 10m away from it's recorded home point, and no payload was attached.

What do you think the issue would be? I would still assume that the i2 would commence landing?

Any response appreciated.

Thanks
What country?
The aviation authority has no say or knowledge of specific UAV's and is not interested in the slightest where you set battery/fuel levels.
I would tell them to mind there own business.
Their only function is aviation safety and YOU as the PIC must be satisfied a flight can be made safely and in accordance with your ops manual.
With regards to the critical battery level settings I would respectfully suggest a thorough read of the manual (specifically the RTH section) to familiarise yourself with the aircraft's under certain conditions/remaining battery levels/distance from home point and whether you have smart RTH enabled or not.

Hi The Editor, thanks for your reply.

It is the HK CAD I am talking about.

I have read the manual, specifically the RTH section, and was testing out what would happen should the UAV reach it's critical low level battery percentage, and it did not match what was written in the manual.

I will test it again.

Reactions: The Editor
Hi The Editor, thanks for your reply.

It is the HK CAD I am talking about.

I have read the manual, specifically the RTH section, and was testing out what would happen should the UAV reach it's critical low level battery percentage, and it did not match what was written in the manual.

I will test it again.
Make sure Smart RTH is enabled in the Go App.
Also, at critical battery level, if you are only a few meters away from home point there will still be sufficient battery left for a few minutes of flight (especially set at 25%).
Only when insufficient battery remains for safe flight will the aircraft initiate an auto land.

Reactions: Hapaox
Got it. Thanks, The Editor - I had the i2 close to the home point just for safety reasons, but I will test the function out again with the i2 much further away to see how it reacts. So basically, even though critical battery has been set at 25% the i2 is still intelligent enough to work out when is the right time to auto-land.

Thanks for your guidance!

Reactions: slim.slamma
Got it. Thanks, The Editor - I had the i2 close to the home point just for safety reasons, but I will test the function out again with the i2 much further away to see how it reacts. So basically, even though critical battery has been set at 25% the i2 is still intelligent enough to work out when is the right time to auto-land.

Thanks for your guidance!
Correct

I set mine for 10%. The aircraft decended to about 2 ft and hovered until 0 and set down. After the episode the battery set was unable to charge (red light on charger). Take care and land before depletion or you may lose you battery set.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07