Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cruise ship Inspire 1 EPIC!

wow, that is one huge cruise ship. i dont see anything wrong with how your flying, i never saw you go directly above it. good job. fun to see such a huge ship. the inspire is just amazing!

Reactions: BrooklynAeronautics
wow, that is one huge cruise ship. i dont see anything wrong with how your flying, i never saw you go directly above it. good job. fun to see such a huge ship. the inspire is just amazing!

This is not me flying, i wish I lived in Florida! Im based in UK :)

gotcha. i guess its beyond los, so thats a no no, but the only real safety concern i see would be if the ship had a helicopter taking off/landing on the bow. florida is like a steam bath....

gotcha. i guess its beyond los, so thats a no no, but the only real safety concern i see would be if the ship had a helicopter taking off/landing on the bow. florida is like a steam bath....

100% right, but if you asked to take this footage it would more than likely be refused by cruise ship company.

Can I ask yourself and other members what you use to practice with?
Im currently using a JXD 388 4CH 6 Axis Gyro Remote Control RC Quadcopter, its rapid fast in pro mode, and i find the more practice I have with this, the better I am with Inspire 1 in air.

I didn't get any of the prop protecters in my delivery, but I can say it handles crashes really well, this is a fast Nano in PRO mode, highly advised, if you can fly this, you will be good with Inspire 1, took me around 5 flights to get used to it, but I'm a pro with it now, great buzz flying :)

I started and learned on phantom 2s, sold them and got 2 Inspires, but i might get a little toy to wing around the yard form time to time. ill check out that one.... wow thats fast....

I started and learned on phantom 2s, sold them and got 2 Inspires, but i might get a little toy to wing around the yard form time to time. ill check out that one.... wow thats fast....

I was tempted and still am to get a Phantom as I have a GoPro Hero4 and I feel its being wasted at present (i use it on a head brace) to shoot footage of the inspire 1, what i see, to incorporate into videos.
Im holding out for the phantom 3!
I can't urge you enough to get one of these nano copters, the beauty of them is that they do not use GPS that we are so used to with more higher end quads, but most veterans here will tell you to be a pro you need to be able to fly without GPS, i agree.
Im still in early stages, but I'm getting better by the day at this.

lets all share knowlodge :)

Reactions: Phatzo

Have you seen this FPV quad, it blows mine out the sky, I'm really thinking about getting a kit off ebay to make thus bad lad, nearly pulls his hand off!

wow, lol, too fast. I mostly fly in atti mode. for filming its much smoother without the gps. slow and low for me. i only use gps for utility, or an hdr shot or flying close quarters.

That guy who made the cruise ship video actually has quite a good YT channel. I've watched his videos for a while, he sure knows his stuff about DJI products. I love the way he narrates his videos, very dead-pan. It's almost like when he learned English he forgot to add any vocal punctuation. Anyway, it is a great vid.

Have you seen this FPV quad, it blows mine out the sky, I'm really thinking about getting a kit off ebay to make thus bad lad, nearly pulls his hand off!
Never understood the point in that. Dash one way at full speed. Stop, turn around, dash the other way at full speed. Repeat 3 times, get bored and put it on a shelf.

My question is, he got way far out!!! I can only get to about 1100 ft before losing RC signal and then have to turn the bird around. Granted I am in an urban setting and that probably has a ton to do with it but I go out where it's rural can I expect the same?

I agree I was sweating it for him. Thats like 3 times farther then I would dare go. I think it has to do with nothing being in the way of him and the signal. you can see it dropping the signal for a few seconds every now and then.

I would totally do it, especially in that type of situation, but my signal starts to drop out at 1000 ft away. I still have a line of sight on the bird and only about 150 ft vertical. I need to just drive out of the city and find out I guess. I am extremely happy with the inspire but I would like to be able to get the distance out of it. Any suggestions or comments would be great!

That must be te city. Out in the open you should have at least 6000ft in control and video range. I've taken mine out to over 3000 with only the occasional 1sec video drop when it was switching channels (I had it on auto). Control range didn't even show a bar less at that distance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool