Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Did I just receive a used X5s that I paid for as new?

Reaction score
It came boxed well but it just seemed off, not sealed. When I opened it there were no DJI care Ads and no moisture absorbing packet. The inside of the box was not dirty but it had something like lint. My refurbished Inspire 2 is at DJI for a stuck landing gear so I haven't tested it yet. When the refurbished Inspire 2 came it looked newer than new! I won't say where the camera came from unless they don't provide adequate answers to "why does it look like I just paid full price for a used item.

Edit to say that I bought the x5s from an Authorized DJI retailer online and not from the classified ads from here. I bought a used Inspire 1 Pro from here and have been very happy with it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil DeVore
I frequent a local shop. They have new items open in display cases. So people can see them. It is possible yours is new open box. Most authorized sellers do not keep a lot of them in stock. As they are pricey. And small shops cannot afford the overhead.

Not saying that is the case here. But I have only been in three shops and none had more than one I2 in stock. One did not have one at all. They used the owners as a display unit. They can get it in 2 days. Easier/cheaper to let dji warehouse the stock.

It seems like a big shop online. It’s not a forum sponsor but I’ll give them the benefit of that it may have been the last one on the shelf and they got it too me quickly. Just wish I could get my Inspire 2 back to test it!

I heard from the retailer today. They said it should've had an SD card also, which it didn't. I don't think an SD card would be in there but that's why Im asking you guys, or at least the ones that bought an x5s without lens.

I heard from the retailer today. They said it should've had an SD card also, which it didn't. I don't think an SD card would be in there but that's why Im asking you guys, or at least the ones that bought an x5s without lens.
There is no mSD card in the X5S. The card is in the I2. So I'm puzzled as to what he is referring to.

Quadpilot, you are correct, no SD card is ever included.
I had never said that there was missing
equipment in my emails to the retailer but that's what they kept concentrating on until the last email, I finally had someone understand my question and got a solid response. Here it is.

Hello Tracy,

We understand where you are coming from.

I too would also feel the same about it if I wasn't getting the same packaging from the usual.

Our feedback for DJI packaging is that they do have some inconsistencies when packaging the Enterprise products such as the X5S.

Please know that if your X5S does not work correctly or is defective when you got it, We are still able to replace your item since it's still covered with the manufacturer's warranty.

We appreciate your comments and we have them specifically noted.

You do not say what country you are talking about since if this was a European purchase DJI would have nothing to do with any 'warranty' and it would be the dealers/retailers responsibility to rectify the issue with either a new camera or a full refund.

You do not say what country you are talking about since if this was a European purchase DJI would have nothing to do with any 'warranty' and it would be the dealers/retailers responsibility to rectify the issue with either a new camera or a full refund.

Sorry, You are correct. I always wonder how people can forget to do that. Im in the USA.

Reactions: The Editor
Funny thing is, I'm complaining about not receiving all the trash that everybody throws out anyways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair