Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 Shipping Schedule Update

Reaction score
Hi,

I just received the following from DJI an hour ago.

FYI, I placed my order directly for dual controller set from DJI on 29 Nov, 2014, but shipping status is still "pending".

Will post any updates if I get a change of status.

Regards,
Jose

Dear DJI Inspire 1 Customers,

We are happy to announce that the first and second rounds of Inspire 1 preorders will be shipped this week. This includes orders for both single and dual remote controllers.

DJI has a 24-hour support team to help answer any questions you may have about your Inspire 1. Please visit the official DJI website for contact details:

http://www.dji.com/info/news/24-hour-technical-support-inspire-1

January 12, 2015

DJI Store

How do you guys know what round your in? I ordered mine late, so i don't expect to see it for a while. Just curious how you guys are tracking this. Thanks!!

If you placed your order direct from DJI, the product page said what round of preorders they were currently on. I think it still says that. Otherwise, I don't think DJI has said the date range for the different batches. If you ordered from a dealer, you have to contact them because it's an entirely different schedule.

I went direct from DJI, but I didn't order until 1-9-15, All I was told is that it would ship 21 working days after the order. Found some folks that have it in stock, but I ordered from DJI direct to ensure support wouldn't be an issue, if needed. Thanks for the response...

Funny thing is you probably get better and quicker support from the vendors. With the phantoms they have actually begun forwarding their east coast calls to their better vendors. When I need help I just call them direct now. Much quicker than dealing with DJI.

I thought i read somewhere that if you didn't by from an authorized reseller or DJI direct, they wouldn't support you at all. All of the ones i find in stock are not listed as authorized resellers on the DJI page. Does that really matter? Thanks again for all of the info.

Don't go by just the list. Click on the locations on the map as well. They are also authorized according to the notes on that page.

Thanks for the tip, was able to get one off of CopterShop and canceling my DJI direct order.

Thanks for the tip, was able to get one off of CopterShop and canceling my DJI direct order.
I ordered mine through Amazon, fulfilled by The Copter Shop. I was notified this morning that it has shipped.

They said they still have some in stock. Mine should ship today. They even have both Carbon models, so they let me pick which one i wanted, which was nice....

Crash reports will double next week.

Joola, I hope guys take some time to read the posts here and in other forums on how to set the Inspire up. Update the firmware, update the app, calibrate the sticks after the Tx is updated, do the Advanced IMU calibration. Don't use the Auto Take off the first time. If you don't feel comfortable taking off on your own then the Inspire is probably not the craft for you. Remember many of the people buying these have never, ever flown a drone before of any kind. I have spoken to many of them at CES and this will be their first. How many of us crashed our first one. I know I did multiple times but it did not cost $3000 either.

Excatly my point Ed thank you... Like the phantom forum, All of the crashes where always the phantoms fault...

FWIW I ordered mine round 2 direct from DJI and I just got a shipping date for this Thursday.

Fedex has an estimated delivery date of this thursday. I do live in the middle of stormy northeast USA though so that may be delayed just because of how unpredictable the weather is.
According to my tracking info it's already left the warehouse.

I ordered mine on Dec 15 from drone INC on Amazon and they charged my PayPal so I they did not loose the sale.looking at their listings that they keep changing the delivery date that now said will ship on the 15th. Well if I do not get a tracking number by the 15th they can keep it.I live in the great white north,and I want to take of to Florida for the the rest of winter.

Joola, I hope guys take some time to read the posts here and in other forums on how to set the Inspire up. Update the firmware, update the app, calibrate the sticks after the Tx is updated, do the Advanced IMU calibration. Don't use the Auto Take off the first time. If you don't feel comfortable taking off on your own then the Inspire is probably not the craft for you. Remember many of the people buying these have never, ever flown a drone before of any kind. I have spoken to many of them at CES and this will be their first. How many of us crashed our first one. I know I did multiple times but it did not cost $3000 either.
Ed I have searched the forms and cannot find how to calibrate the sticks after the Tx is updated. Would you please provide the procedure. Thank you

Reactions: Clint
Ordered originally from a dealer in Texas late November, but they could not tell me what preorder group I was in or when it would ship (despite the units being en route to them). Ordered from Coptershop yesterday and received shipping confirmation this afternoon.

Ed I have searched the forms and cannot find how to calibrate the sticks after the Tx is updated. Would you please provide the procedure. Thank you

Power on Transmitter and app. DO NOT POWER ON INSPIRE. In the app, go to Transmitter, RC Control settings, then Remote Control Calibration.You'll see the sticks, including gimbal tilt wheel. Touch calibrate. Move each of them around each corner to the limit in a circular motion several times, including the gimbal tilt to each limit. Follow the instructions to the letter and all will be well. :)

Reactions: Joola
Power on Transmitter and app. DO NOT POWER ON INSPIRE. In the app, go to Transmitter, RC Control settings, then Remote Control Calibration.You'll see the sticks, including gimbal tilt wheel. Touch calibrate. Move each of them around each corner to the limit in a circular motion several times, including the gimbal tilt to each limit. Follow the instructions to the letter and all will be well. :)

I couldn't find it in the manual. Thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop