Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 2 Prop Guard worth it?

Yeah they work well - I've used them to fly through doorways before and was impressed with their build quality, attachment design and strength. I did have to change back to standard props though - I usual use the folding Tmotor props but the winglets on them would have hit the guards

One of my first flights i did with propguards.Drone tumbled due to highwindspeed when landing. I damaged my props and since then never used a propguard.I also think when you fly outdoor you don't need them anyway.As far as I know they influence your flight behaviour also.
Enough sensors also on your Inspire.And incase you hit something indoor there is always a great change that anything happens anyway.
Trust your skills is a better way

Reactions: slim.slamma
As was said previously, trust your flying skills rather than some plastic prop guards. And personally I think flying the Inspire 2 indoors (unless you’re in a huge space) isn’t a good idea.

Would they protect props in case of a bird attack/strike?
Probably not, unless you got very lucky. I have been filming Ospreys and I had an incident where “mama” didn’t like me in the vicinity so she decided to attack my drone and she came from above and prop guards wouldn’t have helped at all in this incident.

T
Probably not, unless you got very lucky. I have been filming Ospreys and I had an incident where “mama” didn’t like me in the vicinity so she decided to attack my drone and she came from above and prop guards wouldn’t have helped at all in this incident.
Thanks. In my neck of the woods cockatoos get agresive and go after the drone, and so do magpies during nesting season. So far I managed to avoid them but had a few scary moments when I was thinking of prop guards and even wished I had them installed. But the birds usually come diving from above, so as you say, even guards might not help if the bird decides to really engage the drone..

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I had an incident with an Osprey and it DID NOT protect the bird!!! I tried to outrun the Osprey but it attacked anyway and it was injured and then I took it to a veterinarian and they treated it and then took it to the Humane Society for rehabilitation. I continued to check on it and eventually it was released back into the wild where I hope it lived a natural and healthy life.
So to answer your question NO the prop guards won’t protect the bird!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice