Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI M200 means Inspire 2 is dead in the water!

Looking at the photos & the design, there doesn't look to be any lifting mechanism present, but there is a locking mechanism. So I think when they say retractable they actually mean removable.
The product literature clearly states that is for packing it into the case.

Yup, If it was retractable, then why would they need to be able to remove it to pack it - you'd just pop it in travel mode. The original M100 had fixed gear. And more compelling evidence that the gear doesn't go up, try doing a Google for all the photos of it and find the ones with gear up....

Those wishing it'll retract... feature request noted & that'll be the M200 Pro** that'll be introduced in 7-8 months time ;) :D

(** Coming Soon)

Reactions: tweaker
I would love to own the M200. But in Europe the list for €9000 to €12.000. Without a camera. So.... no Inspire killer

Definitely not an Inspire killer. I have the I2 and it's great for filming as primary focus. I'm moving to the M-210 myself with X5S option or the X4S. It has features that will allow me to still Film for clients in more limited manner but will be primarily be used in my new industrial use focus.

Since I fly solo without camera operator most of the time, I've learned to fly by moving the aircraft versus panning with the gimbal most of the time anyway. Came from my years of flying heli's. So it's easier for me to fly the aircraft pointing in the direction I want it to Film than it is to try and fly and operate the camera gimbal. Unless I program a waypoint flight and then I can focus on the gimbal.

Hence why the M-200 won't be an "Inspire 2 Killer". It will be a new and differs tool in your toolbox for unique and different job types.

Anyone seen the new M200? It's a total Inspire 2 killer!
Why did DJI release this now when the I2 has only just been released?
We don't know the price yet but it probably will be a little more than the Inspire 2 and offers a whole new set of features such as multiple cameras including an overhead camera and flying in abnormal weather, which the Inspire or Mavic cannot do.
I was thinking of upgrading to the Inspire 2 from my I1 but now I think I will get the M200 and use my Inspire 1 for a backup and use the Mavic for more risky shoots.

I agree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice