DJI Minority Partner in Hasselblad...

Reaction score
Hey, I just thought I would toss this out there today in the News area, I hope.

It appears that DJI holds a minority stake in Hasselblad. Kevin Raber (photog extraordinaire) wrote an article about it, and Tony Northrup (and Chelsea) talked about it in their LIVE YouTube show.

T&C's Youtube Link to this subject:

I am a Hasselblad fan (No, I don't have the X1D, but I WANT one, lol). This would make for a GREAT future in aerial photography. Hasselblad has the AD6-100C Aerial Cam already on the market, and wouldn't you know it...it is reported to fit DJI drones best, lol!

I know I would be stoked to be able to use a Hasselblad on my Inspire! Hopefully more great things to come in digital aerials with this apparent partnership.

NOTE: To you Hasselblad purists that hate the idea of going digital, well, it's here, lol. And I, for one, am glad that a company of that quality is embracing the digital age. Sorry if it hurts your feelings...I didn't do it, lol.

I agree. It would be interesting to see what they do in this media arena. I really like Hasselblad's older film SLRs, and this new mirrorless D-Cam may be a game changer. Still, how it will affect aerial photog/vid remains to be seen.