Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI to release new Pro cine camera (UPDATE Released 10/20/21 Ronin 4D)

Reaction score
Here’s the link.

I know we aren’t normally a rumor type group over here on InspirePilots but looks like it’s the real deal.

Uses D-mount lenses so you gotta figure it’s at least S35 but just comparing the size of the lens to the camera housing in the actual photo, to me at least, it resembles a P1 full frame camera more than the X7. Would be cool if you could mount an existing X7 or x5s but knowing DJI I’m not counting on it.

I think it’s long overdue. As someone in the market for a “cinema” camera and gimbal rig there just isn’t really much of anything on the market that has internal raw and can comfortably be handheld on a gimbal in the price range I assume DJI would have to stay in to really make this commercially viable.

8k cdng sounds pretty rough though…😬
5823FFA3-7F9B-4CA2-82B1-2D2AD146CF42.png0FC7E8AD-02B6-47D9-9E84-793FCF140C18.png

Last edited:
Interesting info but P1 doesn't shoot raw so this probably is another camera.
By the way RED Komodo and DJI RS2 are the perfect combination for s35 cinema quality.

Interesting info but P1 doesn't shoot raw so this probably is another camera.
By the way RED Komodo and DJI RS2 are the perfect combination for s35 cinema quality.
Yea it’s definitely a new camera.

Komodo is good but there’s like a 6 month backorder right now

The only way this can be successful is to make the “core” mountable directly on the Inspire 3, instead of having a dedicated core like the I2. Also DJI is you’re reading this, don’t be greedy, bundle the raw/prores license FREE like every major player in the industry does, and don’t encrypt your lame *** NVME SSD!

I just noticed that there are balancing slides for the pan and tilt axis. Also the lens mount look like it could be interchangeable meaning you might be able to put other lenses than just the DL lenses on it? I don’t know why you would need balancing slides otherwise?

I don’t mean to toot my own horn but I do want to point out that I got the full frame sensor and interchangeable lens mount correct before anyone else on the internet. DroneDJ should hire me as a consultant

In all fairness it’s actually a very cool camera for cinematographers that packs some serious engineering efforts including ergonomic design, lidar focus and switchable mounts. However it’s just too much competition in that space, I don’t think it will make a great impact especially considering the $$$$ cost to switch to a different ecosystem, and on top of that dealing with sketchy support down the road (it’s DJI after all). Good for our drone owners especially I2 as I’m so glad to see more devices use the TB50 battery meaning they will keep making them for the foreseeable future :)

Here’s the link.

I know we aren’t normally a rumor type group over here on InspirePilots but looks like it’s the real deal.

Uses D-mount lenses so you gotta figure it’s at least S35 but just comparing the size of the lens to the camera housing in the actual photo, to me at least, it resembles a P1 full frame camera more than the X7. Would be cool if you could mount an existing X7 or x5s but knowing DJI I’m not counting on it.

I think it’s long overdue. As someone in the market for a “cinema” camera and gimbal rig there just isn’t really much of anything on the market that has internal raw and can comfortably be handheld on a gimbal in the price range I assume DJI would have to stay in to really make this commercially viable.

8k cdng sounds pretty rough though…😬
View attachment 31352View attachment 31353
Hi, I’m new to this forum. This is actually the released DJI Ronin 4D, and there are rumored plans to be able to mount the x9 on the inspire 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido