Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DNG stills samples with 16mm anyone???

Reaction score
I wonder if any of X7 owners here would be willing to share via Dropbox a few DNG raw still samples taken with 16mm lens at range of f-stops from 2.8 to 11 under a nice daylight conditions. Sunlit landscape or urban landscape, real estate photos etc. It would be much appreciated.

Did you see my X7 lens test thread in this category? There are also a couple of frame grabs. Everything shot in DNG. Or are you wanting to evaluate DNG vs the lenses?

Gear Report - DJI X7 Tech Evaluation
Thank you Paul, I have seen your video. But I was hoping to get hold of a few DNG files taken with 16mm lens at various f stops, as stills. To play with in LR and evaluate how they respond to Highlights and Shadows recovery, Sharpening etc etc. So if you have some files shot during good daylight of subjects not too distant, I'd appreciate it. Something of this nature where there is a lots of organic and man made textures and fine detail.
Thanks

Attachments

• DJI_0008 (1).jpg
    DJI_0008 (1).jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 66
  • DJI_0023.jpg
    DJI_0023.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I just got my x7 and lens kit. I can post some next week!
That would be great. Something of the nature of the samples above if possible please!! Of course it does not need to be beach but something well lit where I can see the resolving power and optical quality of the lens. Thank you very much in advance!!

Can someone please send me a couple of still DNG's files to look at too? I am a stills photographer that has an X5R , and I am happy with the raw video, but not that happy with the DNG stills. They are a little low on res, and quite "thin" when you lighten and darken, the raws fall apart very quickly. The files are very low on iso too. I would like to see how improved the X7 camera is. If I can get great stills from this, then I think I can justify the upgrade. I don't use drop box, but wetransfer.com to info at paul ross jones dot com would be great! Cheers Paul

Can someone please send me a couple of still DNG's files to look at too? I am a stills photographer that has an X5R , and I am happy with the raw video, but not that happy with the DNG stills. They are a little low on res, and quite "thin" when you lighten and darken, the raws fall apart very quickly. The files are very low on iso too. I would like to see how improved the X7 camera is. If I can get great stills from this, then I think I can justify the upgrade. I don't use drop box, but wetransfer.com to info at paul ross jones dot com would be great! Cheers Paul

Here you go: X7_samples
Sorry no wetransfer at the moment.

I have the Mavic Pro 2 (which I love) and just picked up the Inspire 2 with X7/16mm for a job that required it. I expected it to blow the MP2 away, but the image quality feels so similar. Until I shot something in severely unbalanced light and went to "recover" the shadows. Wow! This is a quick before/after example without any more work other than playing with the shadows/highlights and a little contrast bump.

Attachments

• inspire2-before-after.png
    inspire2-before-after.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 19

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc