Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do I need to purchase the Apple ProRes license to get the CineSSD to be seen by the Inspire 2?

Reaction score
I bought the CineSSD used, and the contents (DNF) of the previous owner show up with the reader to the MacBook. When it is installed in the Inspire 2, the drone does not recognise it. I have not bought the license ($1300!). Do I need a license for the CineSSD for the drone to see it?

Yes, you can purchase both licenses or either, but getting both is a discount price. Either will access the Cinessd and you can record to the SD card and the Cinessd at the same time.

If I understand your question, the CINESSD should be recognized by the I2 without the licenses. You should be able to format the CINESSD in the Go 4 app. Also I believe the SD card has to be inserted in the I2 for the CINESSD to be recognized. Without the licenses about the only thing that can be stored in the CINESSD are RAW Burst photos. Mgphoto's reply is spot on.
Cheers for now

If I understand your question, the CINESSD should be recognized by the I2 without the licenses. You should be able to format the CINESSD in the Go 4 app. Also I believe the SD card has to be inserted in the I2 for the CINESSD to be recognized. Without the licenses about the only thing that can be stored in the CINESSD are RAW Burst photos. Mgphoto's reply is spot on.
Cheers for now
I am grateful for the answer. I will try again with the Go 4 App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033