Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does this not qualify on the FAA's site as broadcasting "REMOTE ID"?

Reaction score
I know we are supposed to have transponders come next year, but now when registering drones on the FAA site they ask: "does this drone broadcast remote ID"? There is 'REMOTE IDENTIFICATION" in DJI's app. I assume you're supposed to put your N number in the field. Is that what they're asking for?

Attachments

• IMG_3448.jpg
    IMG_3448.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 13
The FAA has not yet specified the requirements. That field in the registration is for future use.
Also, it is not a transponder.
Why ask the question at this time, if they're holding back the answer? As always, everything with the FAA is confusing.

Funny I just looked it up ther other day. If I understood it correctly, two options: built-in broadcasting on newer drones that natively support remote ID, and add-on modules for retrofitting older drones. Difference is Second option only broadcast take-off location whereas first option would broadcast real-time location of the operator. I would certainly go with the second option for privacy reasons.

FAA Remote ID registration requires a manufacturer's code -
I have registered 2 DJI minis with the FAA, but the Inspire II has the remote id registration number. In the little pop up window on the FAA Drone Zone page, it says the cone is a 4 digit manufacturer's code, a character separator and the device's SN.

What is DJI's manufacturing code? DJI has not responded to my emails.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 1.00.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 1.00.30 PM.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 5
Registration already began??? Why the rush anyway? You’re afraid they can’t identify your aircraft lol.

From FAA “ If they use a remote ID broadcast module, the module's serial number must be listed on their registration which will permit them to move the module from unmanned aircraft to unmanned aircraft so long as the unmanned aircraft are on the same registration number.”

So you’d use remote ID module’s #, nothing to do with I2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido