Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone strikes LAPD helicopter

Reaction score
Website
www.martinezaerial.com
Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma

Attachments

• 1606090360320.png
    1606090360320.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
I assume the opening shot of a Phantom 1 is "archived" stock footage....<:^0

D
Why should we be confused by the facts? I am surprised they didn’t push out the video of a Phantom being shot out of a cannon at the leading edge of a wing. However, no excuse for what the pilot was doing... at night.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Why should we be confused by the facts? I am surprised they didn’t push out the video of a Phantom being shot out of a cannon at the leading edge of a wing. However, no excuse for what the pilot was doing... at night.

I can always HEAR a helicopter LONG before I see it. I react accordingly. Some people's kids, eh?

I made a "helicopter safety" video before that was even a thing. HA!

1606153905508.png

D

Well, he didn’t use much cranial matter on that night... several things would have been more wise even if he was flying at night as a no-no.
‘Gotta give him credit, sounds like he easily admitted it his act.

On a separate thought, interesting it hit. Sounds like the Heli was departing and climbing... I’d assume the Mavic would have been blown downward in the rotor wash when you think of wind speed.

Ya the “thump“ of a Heli is hard to mistake or miss... heard or felt.
Prop guards eh... ?
I had prop guards on my Phantom 1's. It seemed like a good idea at the time. And honestly, they DID save my bird on a couple occasions. One time I actually flew THROUGH a tree! The bird didn't skip a beat! It's kind of amazing.

On another occasion I was shooting a car lot. I had my FPV goggles on. I was doing a very slow dolly shot to the left when all of the sudden the bird stopped dollying left. I took of my goggles, and I had run into a pole. At 1 mph, the bird just bumped into the pole and just sort of stayed there. I don't have to tell you that had the prop guards not been there, the bird would've crashed instantly. After that incident, I learned to utilize a V.O.

Years later I do mostly mapping and Traffic Analysis jobs. I got rid of the prop guards years ago. But during those early years, I was glad to have them.

D

I had prop guards on my Phantom 1's. It seemed like a good idea at the time. And honestly, they DID save my bird on a couple occasions. One time I actually flew THROUGH a tree! The bird didn't skip a beat! It's kind of amazing.

On another occasion I was shooting a car lot. I had my FPV goggles on. I was doing a very slow dolly shot to the left when all of the sudden the bird stopped dollying left. I took of my goggles, and I had run into a pole. At 1 mph, the bird just bumped into the pole and just sort of stayed there. I don't have to tell you that had the prop guards not been there, the bird would've crashed instantly. After that incident, I learned to utilize a V.O.

Years later I do mostly mapping and Traffic Analysis jobs. I got rid of the prop guards years ago. But during those early years, I was glad to have them.

D
On the P1.. agree.
I was mainly just razing ya!

Each time you mention a VO, I now chuckle thinking of you VO story in other thread!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44