Drop Objects from my Inspire 1?

I cannot find the site with the drop device but they can be easily made out of hose clamps and metal rods.. The light is from mydronelight.com. I may have to change the light because it's giving me compass errors when it's on.. It didn't do it the first few times I used it.. It's 6W, so I may step down to another light I found..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's my understanding from reading the text too

You were told wrong. Sometimes you have to read the regulations rather than taking someone's word. Here it is in writing...

Sec. 91.15 — Dropping objects.

No pilot in command of a civil aircraft may allow any object to be dropped from that aircraft in flight that creates a hazard to persons or property. However, this section does not prohibit the dropping of any object if reasonable precautions are taken to avoid injury or damage to persons or property.

Make sure reasonable precautions are taken.

Nice setup - I like the light too! Is the light powered by the 9-volt on the back?
Regards,
-Dan

Is CFR 91.13-.15 the correct rule or does Rotorcraft External-Load Operations FAR Part 133 apply? Has the FAA been approached on this? Reading FAR 133 looks like the gear type system is a class "C" external load.