Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Extracting GPS Metadata and Native Coordinate System

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

What aftermarket program are you using to extract the metadata, specifically GPS coordinates, from individual photographs and what coordinate system are they in?

Thanks in advance.

Gentlemen,

What aftermarket program are you using to extract the metadata, specifically GPS coordinates, from individual photographs and what coordinate system are they in?

Thanks in advance.
Please use the search function on the forum before posting up another thread on subjects covered numerous times previously. Thank You
Photoshop or FCPX will read the metadata.
GPS Coordinate Display

Thank you for the response Editor. My firm employs engineers and surveyors not necessarily photographers or photographic software.
Photoshop doesn't meet our needs. My question is more from a data processing POV. Let me re-ask: what software is available to batch metadata from groups of photos; potentially into a table. The solution may be one at a time, but with a simple extraction and not opening the picture in a viewer. For example we've shot 50 ground targets and need to pull that data into ArcGIS as points.

For the second part of my question what coordinate system is the native metadata in? It's within a few feet of GPS WGS 84. It would be helpful to confirm.

I apologize if these are covered in previous posts. I didn't pick it up in searching.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool