Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finally Received my I1!!!

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to this thread since I have finally received my Inspire one! Any hints, tips or tricks I should know before my first flight?! Thank you!

Hey Travis, welcome to the forum and this AMAZING machine.

Read the manual (on-line) and learn to check the MOD sensors before EVERY take off.

Reactions: Travis189
i spent over 6 hours with mine over 2 days when it showed up before i put the props on for the first time. then i think it was another 5 full flights before i did anything beyond hovering and very easy movements within 20 feet of myself.

there are a lot of people on here who skipped a lot of steps in the beginning and paid the price soon after. they come here with the "its my my fault attitude." learn as much as you can before you start doing cool stuff and taking it way off in the distance so when the **** hits the fan (and with this aircraft there is always a chance even if you do everything perfectly every time) you can probably save it.

Yes, what they said!

I built an extensive set of checklists before even trying my first flight. If you search for "checklist", there are several good examples here on the forum, which I modified and expanded for my own. There are many things that I'd forget or overlook without my checklists, so I print out a new copy for each Inspire project, put them in a small-format three-ring binder, and actually check them off or mark them as N/A. They're also good for taking notes on the per-project issues and observations I encounter.

Start practicing in ATTI (manual) mode ASAP. Be ready to take over and be in control if the P-GPS mode goes haywire.

Fly safe! There are innumerable examples around which show rude / ignorant / arrogant people flying UAVs regardless of courtesy, legality or safety.

The Inspire is an astonishing piece of technology. Have fun!

mTp

Welcome!....Basically al the above, especially read the manual twice, get a good checklist and fly for the first 5 hours or so in the middle of a field.
Also VERY important, set the max altitude to within your locations regulations (400 feet in the UK) and make sure you understand the RTH feature in detail in case things go pear shape while you getting the hang of her. (also set up the RTH altitude correctly before flying)
Have fun!

Regulations....above that you enter into commercial airspace. Please inform yourself about the regulations in your country in order to fly safe.

Reactions: richard.dyson1
Funtimes ahead my friend. I would recommend that you take off in GPS mode and once you've had her hover for a minute and nothings fallend off or popped off take her up slowly and put her in ATTI mode. Just be prepared that the slightest wind will push her so don't panick. When you are coming in for a landing as you get closer, drop her back into GPS mode, it's a much smother landing when you are just getting started with this A/C. It is nothing like a Phantom or F550. Good Luck and happy flying!!

Regulations....above that you enter into commercial airspace. Please inform yourself about the regulations in your country in order to fly safe.

In my country there is a 500ft limit for the Inspire though if there are villages commercial airspace starts at 1000ft. Regulations are as always made for the most stupid persons running around to be "safe" without the need of a brain.

Regulations are as always made for the most stupid persons running around to be "safe" without the need of a brain.
No. Regulations are made for the safety of all people and general aviation safety. Smart people follow them because they understand why they are there. There are too many media reports of untrained remote pilots not following the rules that will lead to more and more restrictions on what we enjoy doing.

There are too many media reports of untrained remote pilots not following the rules that will lead to more and more restrictions on what we enjoy doing.

The reports of the lie-press will not change anyway. Almost nothing reported in the systemmedia is true no matter what topic. And the government clerks will always start regulate all things more and more just because they are paid for sitting around and inventing new limitations for the people.

Common sense should be used and those who have no brain for common sense are likely to get into trouble no matter of following rules or not. They will sonner or later fly into something within the allowed parameters anyway.

The real problem seems to be loosing the connection - because of the same "rules" for the RC transmitter as for any WLAN device. To avoid falling down drones RC transmitters should be allowed a stronger signal, the government always manages to make so complicated rules for everything why they cannot make a rule for a RC transmitter with more power only allowed outside villages? But problem is the clerks making those restrictions also have no brain - especially in EU.

The real problem seems to be loosing the connection - because of the same "rules" for the RC transmitter as for any WLAN device. To avoid falling down drones RC transmitters should be allowed a stronger signal, the government always manages to make so complicated rules for everything why they cannot make a rule for a RC transmitter with more power only allowed outside villages? But problem is the clerks making those restrictions also have no brain - especially in EU.
That would upset many more wifi users complaining about poor reception. We have what we have got so we will have to live with it. No amount of moaning is going to change it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo