Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Flying Class B,C,D,E without Authorization or Waiver?

Reaction score
Here is a nice discussion on what havoc is being wreaked in the fight to control UAS airspace here in the US. Be sure to read the short list of comments, below and associated with this article. With LAANC being rolled out there are many problems associated with accurate information and the latest facility information being provided from these authorized websites.

Is A Drone Pilot Civil Disobedience Movement Brewing?

I agree with much of the article. FAA has made a mess of the situation with the waiver thing that leads to their slowness as well as the hobbyist matter. Let the local tower control the matter much as any normal aircraft. If a regular plane had to file to get a waiver for a commercial flight for aerial photos, it wouldn't happen either. Some of the class airspaces are dead for hours since general aviation has pretty much dried up from the heydays of the 70's along with abandoned but still defined airfields where houses now reside. Now I see RV's parked where planes used to be tied down at out local airport - and they ain't flying anywhere. I've wondered if they have to call the tower's ground control to move their RV's if any planes are present.

Ultimately, leave it to the locals to decide. The FAA tower in Washington is too far and out of touch to know what goes on locally. They can generate their opinion to justify their existence, but it will ultimately be the local cop who shuts your flight down for whatever reason or ordinance they come up with and the FAA will do nothing about it.

Here is a nice discussion on what havoc is being wreaked in the fight to control UAS airspace here in the US. Be sure to read the short list of comments, below and associated with this article. With LAANC being rolled out there are many problems associated with accurate information and the latest facility information being provided from these authorized websites.

Is A Drone Pilot Civil Disobedience Movement Brewing?
Wonderful. So called "drone advocate" openly encouraging disregard of FAA rules, as if we didn't have enough rule breaking idiots already.

Reactions: RMartin
VIc Moss said:
Player number 2 is a certain Senior ATC District Director that has also lost all confidence in the FUBAR Portal system. He is looking into the feasibility of appointing one staff member to take care of all airspace requests for the airports under his command. If this happens, and it is successful, will other ATC districts follow suit? Probably. We wish him the best of luck possible.

So is this the case as to why a simple one day request takes almost a year (past the date of request, might I add). I lost a job because of this....

@ jon_kittyhawk
Glad to see Android support for your application suite.
QUESTION: Has Kittyhawk invested in or received Crystal Sky displays to integrate your applications onto the new DJI Android platform?

Reactions: jon_kittyhawk
@ jon_kittyhawk
Glad to see Android support for your application suite.
QUESTION: Has Kittyhawk invested in or received Crystal Sky displays to integrate your applications onto the new DJI Android platform?

Hi. Yes, we've bought some Crystal Sky displays and our next update will look great on them. We're also working on a way to enable you to install an authentic version of Kittyhawk directly from our site without having to go to one of those sketchy sites.

@jon_kittyhawk - I find that your company is actively working to be compatible with CS to be very interesting information in addition to KH efforts to interface with the local facility flight restriction information.

I have a job right now that I am waiting on authorization for. I told the client that it would at least 4 months before I could do the shoot. The job will pay about 1800.00 by the time it is over. I am into the 5th month waiting for the FAA. I wonder why people are breaking the rules. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me. Total loss for 2017 has been 3000.00 because I am following the rules. Bottom line is if the FAA fails to give me authorization I will lose again it will be the last time that I do.

A friend of mine also faced such a problem and he flooded the local regional FAA office with a couple dozen fabricated requests so he could actually get the authorizations he needed for long term business opportunities. He was then directly contacted on phone by an FAA representative who asked him why he made so many requests. He explained that he was interested in only flying his missions by the rules and that they were keeping him from earning a living. This conversation resulted in him receiving a blanket COA for operations within the airspace of 2 different airport facilities which overlap in our area, for a duration of 1 year or more.

Hi. Yes, we've bought some Crystal Sky displays and our next update will look great on them. We're also working on a way to enable you to install an authentic version of Kittyhawk directly from our site without having to go to one of those sketchy sites.
Jon, someone told me that with the Crystal Sky no 4K video is possible, which makes no sense to me at all. Can u clarify that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare