Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying directly overhead

Reaction score
Website
www.intheairphotography.com
I've seen in the manuals that you're not supposed to fly directly overhead - but in some situations it would really help to be able to do that. I've seen that in the Phantom series the receivers were in the legs - don't know where they are in the Inspire 2. Anyone have experience flying directly overhead with Inspire 2?

Antennae are in the arms. I do it on occasion with no noticeable issues. Maybe just re-point your transmitter antennae if you see signal problems.

Reactions: roblevine
I´ll do it often with no problems.. But if you have the antennas pointed straight up, you can get some problems maybe..

My antennas is pointed like a V.

Reactions: roblevine
When over aircraft is directly overhead flatten out your antennas so they are parallel to the ground. The signal is strongest from the flat side of the antenna. As the aircraft moves away tip them back upright and point the flat side at the aircraft as it moves.
The antenna tip is a dead zone.

I do it very often, as Eldorado says, if you are directly below the craft, make the antennas as everyone tells you not to do LOL they should be pointed straight ahead flat side parallel to the ground and sky where the reception and transmission are strongest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techmunussolutions