Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Focal length data extraction with power zoom lens

Reaction score
Dear Inspire 2 pilots,
I am flying an inspire 2 with a zoom lens (14-42mm) and a handwheel connected to the remote to be able to zoom in and out when recording a video. I would like to access the data about my focal length during the flight, just like we get the altitude data displayed as a subtitle on the video. Is there a way to do this? I tried DJI telemetry overlay, but could not find any focal length option, and the focal length is not given in the SRT files.

Thanks in advance

I'm using only primes, but when shooting in DNG I can import a single frame in Light Room as photo and there I can see the metadata for focal length, aperture and shutter speed. Not sure what will show on zoom lens. On other hand when I shoot with canon camera and canon 70-200 zoom lens, LR shows at what focal length was the shot taken.

I'm using only primes, but when shooting in DNG I can import a single frame in Light Room as photo and there I can see the metadata for focal length, aperture and shutter speed. Not sure what will show on zoom lens. On other hand when I shoot with canon camera and canon 70-200 zoom lens, LR shows at what focal length was the shot taken.
Thanks for your answer! I am not sure I get you, are you speaking about photos or videos? Is your "single frame" a photo you shot or something extracted from a video you shot? I never shoot photos, only videos... And I guess no metadata can be found in screenshots taken in VLC...

Here is a frame extracted from one of my videos, I tried to extract metadata through exiftools, but just like for the video, no focal length provided...

Attachments

• image-009.png
    image-009.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianlara9389