Forced landing due to "critically low battery"... At 46%!

From your description it sounds like it's possible that the smart battery system was making the determination that a RTH would be a good idea. The logs will have the info necessary to determine if this happened. If you used the DJI Go App version 2.8.3 or older could you post the .txt. If the Go App is version 2.8.4 or newer we'll need to look at the .DAT. Go here to see how to retrieve the .DAT. You'll need to Dropbox (or equivalent) the .DAT.

Reactions: slim.slamma

I think it made that determination because it couldn't get enough energy from the battery in its "rested" state and doesn't appear to be a software issue. I'll get the batteries sorted out, run each one through a closely monitored cycle and call it a lesson learned.

Reactions: IrishSights
Frankly I don't fly my bird without aux batteries due to the many dropped from sky reports. This topic has been well documented in this forum and I would recommend flying with them to avoid all such battery issues

After a desire for more "airtime" I found the thread BATTERY MOD INFO and taking forum member Phatzo's que, I modified my bird to accept auxiliary batteries. Being as this was a little family fun, I didn't see the need to charge up the main batteries or charge and connect the auxiliaries. I wouldn't think of connecting auxiliaries anyway unless all were fully charged just for the purpose of matching voltage.