Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Giving my Dji Mavic Pro 2 for Dji Inspire 1 Raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi im here to see if im doing the right thing or doing a mistake? is it worth to Exchange a Dji Mavic Pro 2 for an Inspire 1 Raw. both Drone are like new. I already owned a Dji Inspire 1 raw before and i have the Mavic pro 2 for 3 weeks now and im not impressed with the Camera quality.. i rather have the X5R.. the only thing i like about Mavic 2 Pro is the Features that comes with it. I also have a Inspire 2 with the X7 Camera but i always loved my Inspire 1 Raw even if its an Old Version... Now that i have the Inspire 2 with the X7 Camera should i Keep the Mavic Pro 2? What would you guys do in my place?

No problem for me.I say get the I 1.
Still love this machine.

Reactions: Black Sky
It really all depends on what you do with your drones.

If you do commercial work using your I2/X7, and use a second drone as a backup on those shoots, then there are tradeoffs between using the I1 vs the M2P for that purpose. Key issues are image quality (X5R +), flight time (M2P+), flight automation (M2P+), portability (M2P++), professional impression (I1+). Even though the M2P wins on most of those factors, my jobs hinge primarily on image quality, so I use an I1 with X5 as my backup unit on commercial shoots. You'll need to decide how important each is to you in a backup drone.

However if your reason for owning two drones is for versatility then I don't see the point of using an I1 with X5R when you also have an I2 with X7, unless you are having operational problems with your I2 that the latest firmware does not address (gimbal drift, battery issues, etc.). A properly functioning I2/X7 is just an all around better rig than an I1/X5R; I can't think of any factors where the I1/X5R wins. In contrast, the MP2 does have several advantages over either inspire platform that derive from its size and design: portability, deployment speed, relative inconspicuousness, and longer flight times. I have not upgraded my original Mavic Pro for the MP2 yet, but I use the MP1 as my fun/portable drone, in context where it is not practical or worth the hassle of bringing along my I2. If I was not out shooting for customers in demanding situations I would just own my I2 and a Mavic. Just my 2c.

Unless you need an I1 for the possible use of a thermal camera which the Mavic 2 or I2 can not do natively you have no use for the I1. You already have the best of the best with the I2/X7/Mavic 2, assuming you have prores and Cinedng.

Add in a M210 series down the road you will have an ultimate package for future projects if you are willing to purchase more sensors if needed.

There are lots of choices these days, take your time and read before you buy.

Jim

Thanks for the advices! You guys are 100% right. Well i exchanged it. Yes is true that when you have a i2 with the x7 you really dont need the i1 with the x5r but me i just have the X7 with the 16mm lens i dont have the other lenses but the i1 with the x5r i can change the lenses and the lens are much cheaper then buy the whole set for the X7 and i have a professional Drone as a back up. Plus the Inspire 1 Raw that i exchanged with it came with 5 tb48 battery many extra and its like brand new the guy only used it 2-3 times and he wanted the mavic pro 2. In term of the value the inspire 1 Raw will keep his value if one day i wanna sell it but the mavic pro 2 will loose half of the price in a year.. i rather have the inspire 1 raw and buy a mavic pro 2 when i get a good deal on it later. Im very happy with my decision :) love my both inspires! Thank you for your advices and your time guys!

Attachments

• AF006D85-0E5A-49E3-8E33-D4D7F7624BC8.jpeg
    AF006D85-0E5A-49E3-8E33-D4D7F7624BC8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member