Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Greetings from Elemental 360

Reaction score
Been a lurker for a while, decided to finally share what I've been working on now that I just got my Part 107.

I know a good deal about fixing and modifying the Inspire platform, so if anyone needs any advice or second opinions, I'm here to help.

Yes, it's a custom designed mount that screws into a spare gimbal cover, so it's 'locked-in' with the gimbal lock. I designed it in Autodesk Inventor and make them myself with a 3D printer (lulzbot), out of high impact plastic. The cameras are friction/tension mounted, and require a mini-prybar to remove from the mount, but I use a plastic backing with a notch so the cameras aren't damaged. A sticky pad GoPro camera mount fortified with zip-ties is the top camera in both configurations. Due to the fact that the cameras are not 100% synchronized, getting a good shot is a matter of luck. Do the shot several times, and you'll get a good one, but if the frames are not synchronized within a few milliseconds, you see serious 'frame shear' where the frames are spliced together with the software to make the 360 footage. It's still art and science, but the only way to get high resolution shots without spending tens of thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa