Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hanger AutoPilot “Heading if Gimbal Yaw Enabled”

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can explain what the different options mean in the Hanger AutoPilot settings for “Heading if Gimbal Yaw Enabled” please.
59EC2434-4034-4DF4-8CFF-2BA151C7788C.jpeg

I know this has something to do with setting if the whole aircraft or just the gimbal yaws to to keep a focus subject in frame but I don’t understand what the the three options mean and why there are even three options.

The options are
-Match Gimbal direction
-Match Gimbal Direction
-Fixed at engage
BF99B71D-4C1A-4611-9794-E8D3A3CD63D4.jpeg
The documentation is all but worthless to explain these options. It’s like the developer assumes I can read his mind
2F32CE0D-0F86-4C9B-8D10-A6F39DDE7CE2.jpeg
If I have to try and guess “Match Gimbal Direction” means that the aircraft will yaw to keep the camera fixed on the focus subject.

“Match Flight Direction” mean the aircraft will always point in the direction it is heading and the gimbal will yaw to keep the focus subject in frame.

“Fixed at engage” means the aircraft will always point in the direction it was facing at engage and will fly the course using only pitch and roll movements and the gimbal will yaw to keep the focus subject in frame.

But I am not sure and my theory doesn’t seem to hold up when I test it. Can anybody shed some light please?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla