Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

hello from seattle

Reaction score
Im a retired veteran (20 year aircraft mechanic) and have eyeballed these sUAS systems for sometime now. I just came across a deal i couldn't walk away from with an inspire 1 with an x3.
That being said, it did come with some screw on props with no retainer clips, some quick release parts, but no props for them.
I have driven several toy drones, but this is my first quality drone. So advice is welcome.
I have been reading, and I'm getting concerned about these propeller issues. How concerned should I be? To the point of being grounded until I get some crazy expensive c.f. solid mounted props? Or just use the original screw on plastic ones until i can afford the upgrade?
Im already registered with the FAA, and now saving up for the FAA ground school and part 107 cert.
I'm a surveyor by trade, and looking to do some photogrammetry with it.
I dont have the spare funds to just fly and crash, fly and crash.... I prefer to do my research first, then fly as safely as I can. So i guess I'm seriously concerned about these props now. It's absolutely negligent for dji to create an income stream for themselves by making substandard parts on their aircraft. This is several pounds to fall out of the sky, over substandard parts.

Welcome @ydeardorff ! It sounds like you want to be safe and not have a failure because of props. If the spin on props are used, the quick release parts are used and you can not verify the usage or history of them I would discard them all. If the spin on props are new in wrappers just purchase the prop locks and go fly, we might even have some. The original spin on props with the prop locks were valued by many long time flyers of the early inspire 1's, some of us continued to use them with no failures long after the quick release props went thru a couple of different versions.

If your budget is tight I would buy a set of the latest QR (with the QR hardware) or spin on props (with the prop locks) for the Inspire 1 to get you flying ASAP. Down the road you can update to the CF props once you get some flying hours under your belt with the Inspire 1.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

TY,
I have a new set of QR CF props with all brand new hardware. I also have the used spin on DJI plastic props (in good shape) with new retainers on the way. Once christmas is over and financially I can breathe a bit more, Ill pick up some XOAR CF solid mount props.
Thank you for your feedback. Its often hard to differentiate panic mongers from real facts online. But I saw enough to be concerned.
Having spent the last 20 years around aircraft. Pre- and Post flight inspections come natural. they are a PITA, but will save you money, time, and a potential set of fines and or lawsuit.

TY,
I have a new set of QR CF props with all brand new hardware. I also have the used spin on DJI plastic props (in good shape) with new retainers on the way. Once christmas is over and financially I can breathe a bit more, Ill pick up some XOAR CF solid mount props.
Thank you for your feedback. Its often hard to differentiate panic mongers from real facts online. But I saw enough to be concerned.
Having spent the last 20 years around aircraft. Pre- and Post flight inspections come natural. they are a PITA, but will save you money, time, and a potential set of fines and or lawsuit.

Understood, I am a 25 year retired aircraft mechanic. Let us know how your first flights go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide