Help me choose the best way to upgrade...

Reaction score
Hello to all. I am certainly a lurker, but have learned a ton from this site. To get to the point my insurance company is cutting me a check for around $3,000 (holding my breath until I receive the actual check). I've been wanting to save up to buy the X5R and mount it to my Inspire. No longer an option as I will have nothing but a check and my hard case, batteries, chargers, etc. So really I only need the new inspire and X5R.

In your personal opinion would you buy the smallest package deal? Say the Inspire & X5R camera that comes with two controllers and a battery and then try to sell the controllers (I'd probably keep the battery because I'm now in possession of a damaged one) or try to build one from scratch IE buy Inspire craft and X5R separately? This means I'd have to buy a few other things in order to make it as functional as the package deal. I'm leaning towards the package deal. I also have no Ebay account (thus no feedback) and live in a rural area so selling something like an RC might be difficult.

Just looking for suggestions/tips of what you would do if you were in my situation. Thanks!