Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HoodiVision Pad Hat UK Import Fees

Reaction score
Just some information if you live in the UK and are planning on buying a HoodiVision Pad Hat from the US.

I received a notice through my door today from Royal Mail.
It says I have to pay an extra £12.07 in charges for my PadHat mini.
This breaks down as £4.07 VAT and a £8 handling fee.

Its not a lot of money, but on top of the item price it is a steep percentage (around 50%) and thought some of you would like to know.

I was expecting some kind of fee but personally I was a bit shocked.

Just some information if you live in the UK and are planning on buying a HoodiVision Pad Hat from the US.

Its not a lot of money, but on top of the item price it is a steep percentage (around 50%) and thought some of you would like to know.

All couriers add this admin fee if your import qualifies for duty. Unfortunately nothing you can do about it. I have had admin fees from FedEx, DHL, Royal Mail - annoying but unavoidable unfortunately.

Only way round it is if the sender marks down the value of the goods to a very low level (say $15), or puts down on the declaration it is a gift.
Difficult for a lot of sellers but numerous Chinese companies will do this :rolleyes:.

The down side is if the courier plays football with your package and it turns up as jigsaw puzzle of broken bits you can only claim the value of the declaration for insurance recovery.

Last edited:
Interesting. Mine landed today and no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only way round it is if the sender marks down the value of the goods to a very low level (say $15), or puts down on the declaration it is a gift.
But then when they do that sometimes the customs office gets suspicious and decides to hold your parcel for 2-3 weeks while they do "verifications" then bill you for the same tax/handling, plus a storage and verification fee :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips