Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How many batteries do you have?

How many batteries do you have??

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 11 9.1%

Votes: 20 16.5%

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • 5+

Votes: 56 46.3%

• Total voters
8 - 48's and 1 - 47.... 9 traditional DJI chargers and 1 Ryobi gas inverter/generator. We fly from a moving vehicle for up to 3 hours, stopping/landing only long enough to swap batteries. Allows us to cover a lot of territory for search/rescue/recovery.

Reactions: RaptorMan and TRIPC
8 - 48's and 1 - 47.... 9 traditional DJI chargers and 1 Ryobi gas inverter/generator. We fly from a moving vehicle for up to 3 hours, stopping/landing only long enough to swap batteries. Allows us to cover a lot of territory for search/rescue/recovery.

David, how long have you been doing SAR with the Inspire 1 and do you know of any others using drones for SAR? What size Ryobi generator are you using?

I have the SPC4500 4-battery charger but I've thought about getting a small 1KW-2KW generator for field charging. Do you use a pickup truck? The advantage there would be that you could have the generator in the open air of the bed operating while driving without fear of CO poising. I do not have a pickup and wouldn't try to run the generator while driving my Focus as that would probably not end well with CO poising.

Do you have any stories you care to share about any of the SAR missions you've been on? It's usage like this and the public awareness of it that could go a long way to counter the negative press we drone operators are inundated with.

Brian

Reactions: davidbarwin
David, how long have you been doing SAR with the Inspire 1 and do you know of any others using drones for SAR? What size Ryobi generator are you using?........

Do you have any stories you care to share about any of the SAR missions you've been on? It's usage like this and the public awareness of it that could go a long way to counter the negative press we drone operators are inundated with.

Brian
Could we start a separate thread about swapping SAR stories please - this one is about how many batteries people possess.

Currently 4 TB47's and a recent TB48 to replace a bricked TB47. Generally use a 4 position Smart Powercharger which stays at home. Flying is a hobby to create better home movies and it is also great fun. What I have learn't from this thread is the impressive total flying time many have racked up. Very impressive and makes me think my I1 will last a long time, particularly if I don't crash it.

Reactions: The Editor
1 -TB47 and 7-TB48's. About right for what I do currently.

That's exactly the number I have and I hope it works out to be enough. I also have the SPC4500 4-battery charger and may pickup a 1KW or 2KW inverter generator for field charging. I have more invested in batteries than a Phantom 3 Pro cost -- this hobby isn't cheap...

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah