Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

how to find "inspire 2 stolen" from credentials or gps signal

Reaction score
hi everybody,
so my bird, inspire 2 with crystal sky" was stolen today in my country, ITALY.
did you know any "not free service" or something else that could give me position from credentials (on crystal sky), or by SN (then locate gps)?
buying proof could be sended.
its very important because more works inside SSD, and for machine.
thanks.
b.

hi everybody,
so my bird, inspire 2 with crystal sky" was stolen today in my country, ITALY.
did you know any "not free service" or something else that could give me position from credentials (on crystal sky), or by SN (then locate gps)?
buying proof could be sended.
its very important because more works inside SSD, and for machine.
thanks.
b.
This has been covered previously.

There is no way to locate a stolen DJI UAV from “GPS” or serial number or anything else.
Since you operate commercially, suggest you put in a claim with your insurance carriers who will cover the theft.

I know this advice is a day late and a dollar short, but I use Tiles. I have one on my Inspire 1 and 1 on my Mavic case. I haven't been creative enough to find a covert Tile location for my Phantom 4 Pro.

I consider the Tile a "better than nothing" solution. It's cheap, reliable, and will at least get your stolen drone on the RADAR. The downside is that the Tile has to has to come within 100' of someone in the Tile network, at which point it pings the owner with an approximate location via the Tile app. Once you have this information, you can go to the location with YOUR iPad and further hone in on the exact location. The Tile "network" can only get you in the ball park, but once it's within range of YOUR iPad, you can use the app to make it sound an alarm.

A good use case might be if your drone ends up in a Pawn Shop. Once a customer in the Tile network enters the shop, you'll receive notification that the Tile has been "found."

I was part of their crowd-funding campaign, so I'm a long-time user. The latest version allows the user to change the battery, which was always the shortcoming of previous models. I believe it's a CR2025 (if memory serves). The battery lasts about a year and the app warns you when the battery is low.

1596909509796.png

On the Inspire it's especially useful because I have it attached directly to the bird:
1596910041463.png

This way, if I crash my Inspire 1 in the woods or something, I can use the Tile app to locate the bird.

As I said earlier, it's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing. It gives the pilot/owner a fighting chance of recovery.

I don't know if this company has gone International yet. They've been around a while, so I don't see why not.

D

Reactions: Roadblock

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop