I got a job shooting a construction site - Need advice!

Reaction score
Website
www.airflix.dk
I got a job shooting a major construction site (29 floors high, cranes, atriums etc.) for internal use only (no storyline).
Apart from the obvious shots (overview, building activity, scale) anything I should pay extra attention too? Ideas for really cool shots?

Input so far:
  • shoot exterior elevator going up
  • pay attention to any rc controlled concrete booms (2,4 or 5,8 GHz)
  • calibrate compass in park next door - away from metal
Other ideas or input?

Reactions: philipfretwell
Will you be shooting in an enclosed space, or will there be a cross breeze?

Look for the directional antennas (usually on the roofs) and dont fly in front of them. Check the direction of wind currents between the buildings. Good luck

Reactions: dronie
stay away from iron, i once flied a naza v2 in a very big advandoned building and the iron int he foundations near the sub parking area totally mess up the compass i had to manually control yaw to keep direction as the controller was unable to do it by itself.

Reactions: dronie
If you can get building dimensions especially helpful would be the floor heights and overall building heights.. then you can correlate those to your altimeter on the control app..

As with all jobs, plan the shots (in your head or drawings on paper) make a list of them, fly them, check them on site and re-fly if needed.

There's nothing worse than getting back to base only to find that all you have generated is a random set of poorly exposed, aimless & wobbly drone shots

I find it useful to capture a fair amount of ground based video to add to the edit to create a some variation and make the aerial footage look more impressive.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Reactions: philipfretwell